Advertisement
Private Profiles - an update on how they will be changing here
We've partnered up with Nixers.com to offer a space where you can talk directly to Peter from Nixers.com and get an exclusive Boards.ie discount code for a free job listing. If you are recruiting or know anyone else who is please check out the forum here.

Network Monitoring Software

• 27-07-2011 11:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭ dextor03

I'm looking for the best open source Network Monitoring software to monitor servers, switches, etc. Any good recommendations?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭ vex

Nagios is quite good and is open source

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 1,325 Mod ✭✭✭✭ croo

+1 for Nagios.
    I've not used others so can't really compare, but I was impressed by nagios.. plus I found the firefox plugin for it which for alerts you to issues very useful.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 22,871 CMod ✭✭✭✭ Spear

Another +1 for Nagios. It's pretty simple to get basic monitoring up. And the Firefox plugin ensures constant at a glance status visibility. Try combining it with Nagvis if there's higher ups who can only manage to deal with pretty pictures.

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭ dextor03

Perfect, I'll give it a go. Thanks for the help.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭✭ VMotion

Another +1 to Nagios for monitoring + Munin for statistics

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭ The Insider

Zabbix for me, comes with everything included, graphs etc and does the job nicely.

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭ zeris

Nagios, Munin, Cacti, Zabbix, MRTG, rrdbot all depending on values of monitoring/alerting.

• Registered Users Posts: 762 Buzz Lightyear

While I love the ease of setting up cacti, I have a number of our sites now running zabbix with distributed monitoring.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 ✭✭✭ PCrepairman.ie

Another big +1 for Nagios, I've used it for a few years now for both Linux and Windows. no complaints.

Advertisement