Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tax implications for an Irish expat depositing from abroad to Ireland

Options
  • 27-07-2011 11:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 16

I hope someone can help

I am Irish but have been living in Vietnam for over a year. I still have my BOI account and regularly transfer money home each month,

Recently I have started to make a lot more money and my question relates to deposit limits. Are there regulatory limits regarding how much I can send home each month?

For example, recently I have been sending under 5,000 euro each month, but recent financial improvements in my situation here mean I will soon need to send upwards of 15-20k per month home to my account. I am uncomfortable keeping this amount here in Vietnamese banks and so, wish to send it home.

Will deposits as big as this be flagged by the bank for any reason?

Also, are there any tax implications I would need to consider? The tax I pay over here is minimal and I would like to keep it that way. Since I haven't worked in Ireland for 2 years I don't wish to pay tax there on my earnings from Vietnam.....

Any help you can give would be most appreciated....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

Read the charter.

Call a professional. You can afford it.

Thread closed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement