Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question on a Lip Piercing..:) Plz Help!

Options
  • 27-07-2011 4:07am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Okay, so i really want my lip pierced. I want a stud/hoop in the center under my bottom lip. But i have questions and concerns. :confused:

I just got my teeth fixed and my parents are concerned it could hurt my teeth, mainly they think it could chip them if i bite it. I heard about bioplast but of course my mom is like "What if you break it; What if you don't like it" ect. I was wondering if there's anyone here who's had a lip piercing in the center for a long time who has or hasn't had issues with teeth/gums. And also state if you play with it a lot.
    Also, I'm concerned if when you kiss/make-out with a lip ring in the center if it gets annoying or in the way. I hear people like the feel of it, but I don't know if they mean the side piercing, or the middle, or what. I also heard girls like it on guys, but for guys? Are you intimidated by a girl who has one? Or turned on? ;) I'm not emo by the way.. Just a bit scene! :p
    Also, if you have your lip pierced in the center, do you like it?? Or do you regret it?

Please help!! Thanks! :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Pretty Girls Make Graves

I got mine done when I was 13 four years ago. It's to the right though, not centre. I had braces too but my gums and teeth have been fine. It needs to be positioned properly though to avoid rubbing which will cause damage. Pretty sure you will have to wear a metal bar for about 4/6 months after you get it done, I don't think plastic ones are ideal for healing. And about the kissing, it's personal preferance. Ever guy I've been with has loved it but some other guys have told me it's a turn off. Also advised to get it done somewhere half decent. Considering it is on your face and an infection is the last thing you want.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭Eroticplants

I had mine done at 15, I played with it NON STOP and then at 17 my dentist told me it was fudging up my gums and teeth but I smoke like a biatch and I'm gonna be toothless by the time I'm old (so says the dentist CHALLENGE ACCEPTED) so I took it out.

Maybe look into a horizontal lip piercing, it doesn't affect your teeth or gums.

Also, HAHAHAHA scene kids are ghey especially those who still listen to mammy and daddy, just sayin.

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭DaveTwenty7

As a dentist I would have to discourage you from getting a lip piercing particularly as you have had orthodontic treatment
    http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0889540608007683

If you do go ahead with it I would recommend frequent check up visits(maybe get the dentist to photograph your gums so it is easier to monitor for gum loss) and a meticulous oral hygiene routine

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭dearg lady

I had mine done for good few years and it caused a LOT of gum receding. I think it really depends from person to person, some have no problems. However if you choose to get it done, follow Dave's advice to monitor it and have your dentist keep an eye, first sign of receding, whip it out, believe me, you don't want that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 Chavez

I had it about 8 or so years ago. Kept it for a year or thereabouts. I didn't have any problems with gums or chipped teeth, anything like that. It didn't affect kissing...You wouldn't even know it's there.
    The only issue I would see is when you first get pierced. They use a longer bar to accommodate for swelling. Once the swelling goes down...the bar is too big and can sometimes be a nuisance. Especially since you aren't used to it. You can change it after six weeks or so...I'm not sure. Just make sure you get one that has a snug fit and you won't even know notice it :) Good luck!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭orchidsrpretty

I had mine in for over 5 years. I used to wear a metal one and it chipped my bottom teeth so I took it out!

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭Sparkles:)

my dentist thought i was on E's cause my teeth were so grinded down from chewing the back of my lip bar other than that... no problems...

also, please don't get piercings (or tattoos) to make up for lack of character or personality...

Advertisement