Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Taking up BB:CS2

Options
  • 27-07-2011 1:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭

Haven't played it in yonks and after playing a bit today I can't remember why I stpped

Is there anyone who plays BB have recommendations for starting off?

Like Characters or w/e

Played around with Lambada in Challenge mode, made it up to #5 and was speechless
    The complexity shot up immensely

Obviously to be gdlk after an 1hour is unheard of and she is probably a more advanced character [From what it seems]
    But i could tell from a mile that it was a challenging game to take up

Any suggestions?
    I'd appreciate it
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

And this needed a thread because...?

:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Nutrient

Konata wrote: »
    And this needed a thread because...?

:confused:

I'd like peoples input?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭Naphiel

Stick with challenge mode. It can be frustrating, but it really helps. Don't just pass a challenge once after struggling and move on, make sure you're comfortable with the combo. After you've learned a few combos, go into training mode and mess around with them, mix and match. Dustloop is also good for combos.

Most importantly, just play the game. Same applies with every fighting game, you need experience out of training mode.

Naphiel wrote: »
    Stick with challenge mode. It can be frustrating, but it really helps. Don't just pass a challenge once after struggling and move on, make sure you're comfortable with the combo. After you've learned a few combos, go into training mode and mess around with them, mix and match. Dustloop is also good for combos.

Most importantly, just play the game. Same applies with every fighting game, you need experience out of training mode.

Yeah that's the approach I've been taking with it so far

If i just scraped by a challenge I would go back until 9/10 it came out right and naturally

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭Monkeyto

I've recently been messing with Rachael. I've been trying to play her pretty lame (which is difficult in BB, but good fun none the less), not sure if this is the best way, but I like messing with my own style.

She has some nice stay away moves, and the best stage in the game. Worth a look!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Xinkai

Best bet first of all, mess around with the entire roster in training, do up to challenge 5 for all characters, and your main will more or less pick you, it's all about who you find your comfortable with, as well as what character you have the most fun with.

Back when I got CT I took up Noel, because she looked awesome, but I found that I just couldn't get to grips with her combos, yet when I sat down with Vyze up north and he showed me some Nu combo's, I felt that to me she was easy mode, because I was able to pick her up so fast and be consistant on a high level.

Nu wasn't the case for everyone, as VOA took to Tager, Jarvy took to Ragna and Bang of all people, as Bang is in my eyes a difficult character to learn, (Case in point)

If you're looking for opinions on best starter characters just getting used to the game and combos, pick Ragna, then when you're ready to step it up, go to Tsubaki.

Once you have grips with how to execute combos, decide on your playstyle, if you want brute force, Ragna, if you want Mix-ups, Arakune/Carl, Gimicks, Tager. Zoning, Hazama/Lambda. Trolling, Platinum.

That and your mindset when playing BB will help you win matches. BB is a journey of self-discovery. xDDD

Seriously man, just do everything you can when it comes to squeezing every last bit of fun out of the game to make sure you're having the best time playing it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

Nutrient wrote: »
    I'd like peoples input?

Well, obviously now that you've pretty much edited the entire OP to make it into a genuine query, this thread became a lot more viable - and makes my post look ridiculous. Nice one there, there certainly wasn't any input required for your original post.

Konata wrote: »
    Well, obviously now that you've pretty much edited the entire OP to make it into a genuine query, this thread became a lot more viable - and makes my post look ridiculous. Nice one there, there certainly wasn't any input required for your original post.

It wasn't my intention to make somebody look "ridiculous", I just genuinely wanted peoples insight and opinions to the game

When I looked back at my post it was highly underdeveloped and it didn't get the question that I had in mind out there it was just a statement

If you feel screwed with or annoyed then I apologize cause like I said above that wasn't my intention

Thanks for having me amend my post

Xinkai wrote: »
    Best bet first of all, mess around with the entire roster in training, do up to challenge 5 for all characters, and your main will more or less pick you, it's all about who you find your comfortable with, as well as what character you have the most fun with.

Back when I got CT I took up Noel, because she looked awesome, but I found that I just couldn't get to grips with her combos, yet when I sat down with Vyze up north and he showed me some Nu combo's, I felt that to me she was easy mode, because I was able to pick her up so fast and be consistant on a high level.

Nu wasn't the case for everyone, as VOA took to Tager, Jarvy took to Ragna and Bang of all people, as Bang is in my eyes a difficult character to learn, (Case in point)

If you're looking for opinions on best starter characters just getting used to the game and combos, pick Ragna, then when you're ready to step it up, go to Tsubaki.

Once you have grips with how to execute combos, decide on your playstyle, if you want brute force, Ragna, if you want Mix-ups, Arakune/Carl, Gimicks, Tager. Zoning, Hazama/Lambda. Trolling, Platinum.

That and your mindset when playing BB will help you win matches. BB is a journey of self-discovery. xDDD

Seriously man, just do everything you can when it comes to squeezing every last bit of fun out of the game to make sure you're having the best time playing it.

Thanks for replying man

Your advice is pretty helpful, I'll give it a shot and see what turns up

Advertisement