Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HTC Desire - Damaged LCD (Green colour, bleeding)

Options
  • 26-07-2011 10:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭

Right. So like a big eejit, I sat on my phone about half an hour ago. The outer screen isn't cracked at all, and the touch screen still works. HOWEVER. The inner sceen seems to be cracked, and when I have the screen on, the right half is black, and the rest is fuzzy green. I assume this is the AMOLED screen.

After watching some repair videos, I definitely don't feel comfortable doing the repairs myself, so outsourcing is the only option. I cancelled the crappy insurance I got with Meteor a few months ago, and I have it flashed with Cyanogen Mod, so going through Meteor is out, as far as I know. I had a look at HTC's site, and I can figure out how to track repairs, but I can't figure out how to submit for a new repair.

Do I have any other option? Does anyone know of any good repair places in Dublin? What kind of prices am I looking at? Would I nearly be better off upgrading my phone?

Any help appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭dingdong1234567

http://touch.boards.ie/thread/2056323779?page=1#post_73220218

DIY? That's what I done, my HTC Desire is now better than ever!

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭JoePie

Cheers man. I was looking at that guide last night. Just seemed so fiddly. Maybe if I read it again a couple of times.

I was just having a look on eBay there for screens. Need to figure out what type I have when I got home this weekend. Do you know if there is anywhere else/better for getting screens?

Advertisement