Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stolen Staffy During A House Robbery In Dublin**

Options
  • 26-07-2011 10:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭

**Urgent** chops has been stolen in Dublin during a house robbery. It is thought he may be in Dublin City Centre as he was seen on lead with a guy (junkie) in Camden street yesterday . This dog is almost completely blind so will be disorientated and stressed out to be out of his familiar environment. I met him last year and he is a very soft sweet boy. Please please please keep an eye out for this boy. His owner is devastated....as are we. He is neutered and microchipped. Please call or text Martina on 086 3871498 if you think you have seen him. The Gardai have been notified and reward offered for his safe return. Please SHARE!!

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=226632784045595&set=a.179387568770117.33599.171656249543249&type=1&theater

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,780 ✭✭✭alie

Saw it on facebook, will keep an eye out for the poor chap, hope you get it back soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,245 ✭✭✭psycho-hope

TaraR wrote: »
    **Urgent** chops has been stolen in Dublin during a house robbery. It is thought he may be in Dublin City Centre as he was seen on lead with a guy (junkie) in Camden street yesterday . This dog is almost completely blind so will be disorientated and stressed out to be out of his familiar environment. I met him last year and he is a very soft sweet boy. Please please please keep an eye out for this boy. His owner is devastated....as are we. He is neutered and microchipped. Please call or text Martina on 086 3871498 if you think you have seen him. The Gardai have been notified and reward offered for his safe return. Please SHARE!!

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=226632784045595&set=a.179387568770117.33599.171656249543249&type=1&theater

your way ahead of me Tara , just emailed a mod to ask where to put this

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Toulouse

Poster available here http://www.adogslife.ie/ Please spread the word so we can help get Chops home!

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Chops was found yesterday on Camden st. The full details don't seem to be forthcoming, I imagine there's a criminal case pending. Don't think I've ever seen such an outpouring over an individual dog before.
    I was delighted to hear he'd been found safe and sound.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Tranceypoo

Great great news, so delighted, hope he is ok and not traumatised

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Toulouse

I arrived shortly after he was found and lets just say that thanks to all the people who phoned in sightings, spread the word and one volunteers eagle eyes and quick thinking he was reunited with his owner.

The amount of support received was amazing and very inspiring.

He was happy to be back with his mammy, such a lovely dog. Was delighted to know that he was safely tucked up last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭TaraR

That is brilliant news :) Im Delighted For His Owners

• Registered Users Posts: 7,340 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Rumours abound that Chops has been stolen again after his earlier return to the owners.

Rumours abound that Chops has been stolen again after his earlier return to the owners.

Huh? Is that serious?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

Photo of Chops and a thank you from the owner was posted on A Dogs Life facebook page less than 5 minutes ago.

28423010150330545187474.jpg

• Advertisement

Tranceypoo wrote: »
    Huh? Is that serious?
    No, it's someone who thinks they're funny.

seamus wrote: »

Ah! Must remember to get a 'sense of humour' next time.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,340 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

seamus wrote: »

Nah, really, it wasn't an attempt to be funny*.

Read it on Broadsheet, who read it on Twitter from some radio station. Hence the description: rumour. But go ahead and jump to whatever conclusion you like.

Good to hear that Chops is safe and sound.

* I do have my moments though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

If anyones been following this story on Facebook, it really was an amazing ending. This is how he was actually found:
    wrote:
    A girl who is a fan here and also volunteers to do transport runs for us who works in Dublin spotted a guy with a dog matching Chops description in Camden Street and followed him.....and saw that he went in to a bedsit on South Richmond Street. She called me and texted the address...I called Cliona...gave her the address. She called the Gardai. Cliona got there first and approached the guy, Gardai arrived shortly after and had a chat with yer man and Cliona got him back and then myself and Carol arrived just as all the excitement was over

Truly a story of "power to the people" or "Elaine" in this case! :D Source A Dogs Life

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 318 ✭✭chris139ryan

im delighted to hear that chops was found

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Caros

How lovely to have a happy ending!

Nah, really, it wasn't an attempt to be funny*.
    Ah yes, someone else was obviously trying to be funny. Apologies.

Advertisement