Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I Know Another 1500 Query

Options
  • 26-07-2011 9:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭

I know this has been done to death. (I have read all the threads) I need to buy a new bike budget 1500.

The following is my criteria

1. Most is from a local bike shop as I will not risk purchasing on the net, I prefer to have a good look at what I am buying.
    2. Carbon or Aluminium at my budget I don’t know which frame to go for.
    3. Groupo again don’t mind but would prefer min 105.

All opinions welcome

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31,025 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

SWL wrote: »
    Most is from a local bike shop as I will not risk purchasing on the net, I prefer to have a good look at what I am buying....
    All opinions welcome

Go into your local shop and see what they have?

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭SWL

Lumen wrote: »
    Go into your local shop and see what they have?

Tried that I do have one or two options left but not completely over excited about them tbh.

Couldn’t get my preferred bike(s) in my size, so what to get one that is highly recommended by people in the know:)

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭Carlosthejakal

Couldn't tell you what to buy but my money is going on a Planet X
    Was in Athlone today the guy there was very friendly and helpful.
    I had checked out a few LBS and for the money it's the best thing I could find that I could try befor I buy. SRAM rival carbon frame fairly light

I can use the bike to work so waiting on paperwork then it's 2-3 weeks but I am in no hurry

• Registered Users Posts: 31,025 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

SWL wrote: »
    Tried that I do have one or two options left but not completely over excited about them tbh.

But your criteria is that you must be able to purchase it in your local shop.

Is this some kind of guessing game where we have to work out what the shop stocks?

I'll start.

Giant.
    Trek.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,322 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

But your criteria is that you must be able to purchase it in your local shop.

Is this some kind of guessing game where we have to work out what the shop stocks?

I'll start.

Giant.
    Trek.

or where it is

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭thebouldwhacker

Giant.
    Trek.

Specialized, almost every where is selling specialized these day's.

Or Kuota.....

• Registered Users Posts: 7,604 ✭✭✭petethedrummer

Cubes or KTMs are decent value and sold in a few local shops.

A Boardman in Halfords is probably the best you'll get from a shop.

Eurocycles might have some decent value Felts.

Some shop in Athlone does Planet-x's.

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭com1

Felt Z6 2011?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭2 Wheels Good

Depending on how far you'll go, it's possible to get a Wilier Izoard with 105, but there aren't too many dealers in the country

• Registered Users Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭TheBlaaMan

I was buying a bit later (+ 4-6 wks) than this last year and found that stock levels were very low in many models and sizes. The 2012 stock begins to appear in late September and some 2011 bikes may be difficult to get soon, so if you see something- haggle, but dont delay too much. There are some nice bikes around 1600-1650, full carbon with 105 or better, so you should be able to get something with a bit of negotiation.

• Advertisement
Advertisement