Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Labels?

Options
  • 26-07-2011 3:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭

Going to give some beer to a friend for his birthday and was wondering where I could get some labels for beer bottles?

I was going to make up a design at http://www.beerlabelizer.com/ and now I just want some blank labels to print it on!

Any size that works will do! None of the home brew stores do them do they?

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,779 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

You could just print them on ordinary paper and glue them on.

Failing that, stationary shops always sell labels.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,827 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

I just use ordinary Avery envelope labels.

You can stick paper to bottles easily using milk as an adhesive.

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭leggit

BeerNut wrote: »
    I just use ordinary Avery envelope labels.

You can stick paper to bottles easily using milk as an adhesive.

Is there a particular type of label that you use? and do you order them or can you get them in a shop?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,827 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

leggit wrote: »
    Is there a particular type of label that you use? and do you order them or can you get them in a shop?
    I just get them in Easons. Standard address labels, 14 on an A4 sheet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭The Mulk

That's a cool site, thanks for the pointer.

Make sure you use a water soluble gum or something similar. you don't want them welded on. I've read of people using milk to stick them on!
    I've a word document created suited to address labels that I've tried but they looked a bit small.
    I've copied them to word where needed and could adjust the size as required. Then again I only labelled a few as gifts like you are suggesting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭leggit

BeerNut wrote: »
    I just get them in Easons. Standard address labels, 14 on an A4 sheet.

Cool, thanks! I pass by an Easons everyday so that'll be handy

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

You can download fonts for some companies graphics. I have seen the heineken font.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Martyn1989

http://www.coopers.com.au/
    Join 'the order' on this, they have a beer label maker on it, and theres a fair amount of colours and options etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 Kgrant1

quick google search for avery labels should help you!
    make sure they are the correct kind of label for your printer ie inkjet or laser.
    i would say anything between 8, 14 or 21 labels per page should do the trick depending on how much of the bottle you want to cover. Each size will also give a label dimension so that should help you out!

Advertisement