Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whats Walkinstown like to live in ?

Options
  • 26-07-2011 2:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,342 ✭✭✭✭

We are looking to buy a house and have seen a few that tick most of the boxes in the Walkinstown area.
    I lived for a while in the Rathgar/Terenure area and really liked it but those places are out of our price range for anything decent. Driving around though at first glance most of Walkinstown seems ok.

Our concerns would be mainly be proximity to Crumlin and Drimnagh and the associated gangs and crime and violence.
    Are there any areas to avoid and what are the better (safer for a youngish couple with a nipper hopefully on the way?) . Whats Walkinstown Road/Drive and Kilnamanagh Road in particular like?

Thanks.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭ordinary_girl

Depends on the part of Walkinstown but for the most part it's usually pretty quiet. It is close to Drimnagh and Crumlin but issues there rarely interfere with Walkinstown. I personally wouldn't recommend Walkinstown Road, just because of how close it is to the main road and the fact that some of the kids from the nearby schools tend to hang out in the gardens there if they're near the bus stop.

In my opinion Walkinstown Drive is a nice area, there's rarely any trouble and it's a good location. It's far enough from the main road that it won't be very busy but close enough that you can easily get into town. Kilnamanagh Road is very similar to Walkinstown Drive, it's usually pretty quiet and is also in a good location. I hope this has been some help!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭ciaran_h

Depends on the part of Walkinstown but for the most part it's usually pretty quiet. It is close to Drimnagh and Crumlin but issues there rarely interfere with Walkinstown. I personally wouldn't recommend Walkinstown Road, just because of how close it is to the main road and the fact that some of the kids from the nearby schools tend to hang out in the gardens there if they're near the bus stop.

In my opinion Walkinstown Drive is a nice area, there's rarely any trouble and it's a good location. It's far enough from the main road that it won't be very busy but close enough that you can easily get into town. Kilnamanagh Road is very similar to Walkinstown Drive, it's usually pretty quiet and is also in a good location. I hope this has been some help!

jeez boards is frustrating.....look there is little or no difference between crumlin, drimnagh and walkinstown...the 'feud' has been labelled against crumlin and drimnagh (cos 12 years ago a bloke from drimnagh - now in jail - killed another ex-friend) but participants have come from much wider area - YES even Walko! gasp! These areas are separated by a main road so they are one and the same area. Believe it or not most residents of Drimnagh (population approx 14,000) dont or havent had any effects from this so called feud

Walkinstown drive is not a nice part of Walkinstown by the way...Mangerton/Comeragh/Brandon in Drimnagh would be way nicer....Perrystown or up to Greenhills/Green park would be nicer parts of D12...or moeran road area of walkinstown

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Captain cabbage

Greenhills is built on a solid bedrock of dog poop. No one cleans up and you really have to watch your step.

Also theres some right 3 generation skangers more than willing to eff up your day. Apart from the illegal dumping and dog poo its somewhere to put your head down. You will need to after negotiating all of the speed ramps every 10 metres.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭mikeybhoy

I'd say the Crumlin/Kimmage area will be gentrified in the next 5-10 years

• Registered Users Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭RosieJoe

I'd say it has been gentrified since the OP was posted 😁

• Advertisement
Advertisement