Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blocked number calls me, When answered my phone is making an outgoing call.

Options
  • 26-07-2011 12:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

A blocked number has called me twice today. Each time i answered the call it was my phone calling out... Very strange.

Has anybody got any idea's?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭nedd

That's odd.

have you installed any dodgy apps recently?

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Moorofish

I have, But i wouldn't consider them dodgy. Ann app called Heytell and one called Songify. I thought it might be a scam of some sort. Rang my network and they couldn't tell me anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭Kxiii

It could be a call centre trying to ring you, some kind of auto dialler to your number and then an internal ext to an operator.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Moorofish

That sounds like a very logical explanation. I think you might have hit the nail on the head their

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭calum

If you don't normally have any need to answer blocked numbers (I haven't answered one in years), you can install something like Advanced Call Blocker and never be bothered by them again.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,085 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Autodialler. I used to work in a call centre that used them. The system would dial the customer, and if the customer answered, would try to match an available agent to the customer. Can take a couple of seconds.

Wait 10-15 seconds to see if that happens. Be wary of unsolicited calls though. Don't give them any information, even if they seem legitimate, until you're satisfied they are who they say they are.

I'd always call them back on their call centre number (check google) to make sure.

Advertisement