Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving to Australia

Options
  • 26-07-2011 11:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭

Just looking for a bit of advice guys :)

My aunt has to move to Australia in a few months for several reasons (loosing her job etc). Her husband has been over there for a while so she'll be following him over as soon as she can.

She's a big animal lover and has 2 cats and 2 dogs. She thinks she may have found a home for one of the cats but none of her friends have offered to take the other. Also she has two dogs, one she got recently who's an adorable German Shepard cross only a puppy with a great temperament. She didn't think moving was on the cards at all which is why she got him so recently. She also has an ten year old white german shepard one of the most beautiful amazing dogs you'll ever see. He's really big and pure white and is so friendly.

She looked into bringing the white dog with her as they've had him since he was a pup and it's killing them to leave him. Unfortunately the costs for bringing him are mental. She doesn't want to give him to a shelter or somewhere like that obviously but nobody she knows seems willing to take him as he's an older dog. She's even offered to pay his health insurance for the rest of his days.

She has no idea what to do and has been putting off moving for as long as possible to try and sort out the animals. I know she'd love to find someone who would treat him well and keep her updated every now and again. This isn't looking very likely. It's a horrible situation as all her animals are so great and so well looked after.

What would you do in this situation?? And not moving isn't an option! :rolleyes:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭marley123

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭MarthaMyDear

Thanks, I'll show that to her. I hope she finds something :(

It would be amazing if she could take the with her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭ISDW

Thanks, I'll show that to her. I hope she finds something :(

It would be amazing if she could take the with her.

How much would they be prepared to pay to take the dog with them do you know? I have a dog here who's owners had to emigrate to Australia, but they're now settled, have jobs and a home and are starting the process to get him moved over there with him - we couldn't find him the right home here, but I'm delighted we couldn't. I will be taking him to the UK to a kennels near Bristol that arrange everything, sort all the paperwork out etc and its not as much as we thought it would be. I can let you have that kennel's details if you like, maybe they could talk to them, see if it is a possiblity.

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭MarthaMyDear

She said she looked into it and it's thousands of euro that she just doesn't have. I think it's even more expensive because he's a huge dog!

Just spotted the rehoming thread..may try there for her!

Advertisement