Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung Galaxy S II phone number in phone status page is wrong

Options
  • 26-07-2011 10:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭

I got one of these from Meteor and had my old vodafone number ported to it. The phone status page shows my number as the metoer 085 number.

Anyone know how to change this on the phone ? It also shows the wrong number on the samsungdive website when tracking the phone ...

Thanks

LK--<

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Gryzor

I'm in the same boat with a Sensation. I had the same issue with the Desire i had, couldn't find a way to change it....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭Zagato

Does it matter?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭LizardKing

Not really , just annoying .. it's picking the number up from the sim or somewhere and i'd like to have my real number show up instead.

It does not affect caller id or anything , just seems to be picked up by the trace phone site and some of the app's

I might give samsung a ring about this

• Registered Users Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Gryzor

Zagato wrote: »
    Does it matter?

"Where's my droid" implemented a function, that it would send an sms to a predefined number if it detected a SIM change, like someone finding\steeling your phone and putting in their own sim.
    It uses the sim number and phone number listed on the status page, as the base number, rather than my legitimate one...

Other than that it didn't bother me...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭Zagato

Gryzor wrote: »
    "Where's my droid" implemented a function, that it would send an sms to a predefined number if it detected a SIM change, like someone finding\steeling your phone and putting in their own sim.
    It uses the sim number and phone number listed on the status page, as the base number, rather than my legitimate one...

Other than that it didn't bother me...

Well that seems like a good reason :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭LizardKing

Just off the phone to Samsung support - tried to get me to go through an option in contacts ..menu - more - settings - own number but that is not an option in the settings menu of my phone - Then she told me there was no way to fix this unfortunately :-(

I tried modify the my profile to store the new number but does not get read into phone status - phone number section.

Advertisement