Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Galaxy S stuck on start up screen

Options
  • 26-07-2011 9:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭

How do folks?

As the title says my phone is stuck on the start up. I'm on meteor, upgraded to gingerbread via the kies thing last night and ever since its stuck at the start up (the swirling squares that swoosh into the glowing s).

What do?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭G1032

Have you pulled the battery out? Leave it out for a few minutes. Don't know how that helps but I've heard it work for people before

• Registered Users Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

G1032 wrote: »
    Have you pulled the battery out? Leave it out for a few minutes. Don't know how that helps but I've heard it work for people before

Yep tried that, no joy.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,227 ✭✭✭ongarite

Does the 3-button trick work on your phone?
    //////////
    Download mode on my phone =

1. Press and hold Volume Down + Home Key
    2. Continue holding those buttons and then press and hold power.
    3. Downloading logo (android workman) will show up within 3 seconds
    4. Let go of keys...
    (did not take battery out to try this)

You will know when your in download mode when a picture of an android with a shovel shows up in yellow, it also says "downloading..." under the picture. To get out of this mode press and hold the power button for about 10 seconds.

//////////
    Recover mode on my phone =

1. Press and hold Volume Up + Home Key
    2. Continue holding those buttons and then press and hold power.
    3. When you see the logo pop up release power ONLY
    4. Keep holding two buttons from step 2 until you enter recovery mode.
    (did not take battery out to try this)

Yeah the three button trick works.
    I tried rebooting from the recovery mode and just got back to the start up screen.
    I have it in download mode now, the android chap with the shovel pic is a change from the start up. It says 'downloading...' and 'do not turn off target!!!'
    Kies doesn't recognise the phone though

• Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭mawk

Sounds like you updated with a corrupted file happened to me once after firmware change.
    If a factory reset does nothing for you, download a clean gingerbread rom and flash that with odin or maybe try some custom firmware like cyanomod or darkys rom.
    Don't panic about the phone not working, its near impossible to brick the sgs

• Advertisement

Can't access to '/system/csc/MET/system/'

Does that mean anything? Its on the reboot screen

Factory reset.... solver of problems, righter of wrongs

Advertisement