Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Muddyfox Swift Road Bike

Options
  • 26-07-2011 12:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 16

Hi guys,

I want to take up cycling as a hobby and was looking to buy a cheap road bike instead of spending alot on a bike and then to give up in a couple of months. I came across this on sportsdirect.com and wanted to know peoples opinions on it. Not much info on it. Its very cheap at £169.99..too cheap a bike maybe?

http://www.sportsdirect.com/muddyfox-swift-road-bike-933025

Muddyfox Swift Tech Spec

> Alloy Road Bike Frame
    > Rigid Road Forks
    > 14 Speed Shimano Gears with thumb shifters on the downtube
    > Front and Rear Promax Road Calliper Brakes
    > 700C Alloy Wheels, Front Quick Release

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

If only Kona was here to comment!

It's a BSO(Bike shape object) yes it's too cheap, Save a bit more and get a decent used bike from Adverts or the like. Cheap components and bikes never end up well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭reilig

Jebus, there's a bike shop near my office and they have a sale on this week. They're selling that exact bike for €399. There's a sign on it saying that its down from €599. :eek::eek:
    R3D_D3V1L wrote: »
    Hi guys,

I want to take up cycling as a hobby and was looking to buy a cheap road bike instead of spending alot on a bike and then to give up in a couple of months. I came across this on sportsdirect.com and wanted to know peoples opinions on it. Not much info on it. Its very cheap at £169.99..too cheap a bike maybe?

http://www.sportsdirect.com/muddyfox-swift-road-bike-933025

Muddyfox Swift Tech Spec

> Alloy Road Bike Frame
    > Rigid Road Forks
    > 14 Speed Shimano Gears with thumb shifters on the downtube
    > Front and Rear Promax Road Calliper Brakes
    > 700C Alloy Wheels, Front Quick Release

Advertisement