Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Just saw 2 Silverfish - need to sleep!

Options
  • 26-07-2011 12:33am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13

Just came into my room and turned on the light. To my horror there were two adult silverfish crawling on the window ledge. A couple of weeks ago I saw baby silverfish in the same place and I sprayed some ant killer to try kill them and blocked up a tiny hole that I saw one crawl in to. Didn't see any for a couple of weeks but now this. I can't sleep!!!! What will i do?????????

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 806 ✭✭✭pokertalk

does where you live suffer from dampness? the best thing to do is keep out dampness and keep the area spotless.they are disgusting things. seen a house with them on that show "how clean is your house". nor saying that your house filthy just thats the only time i have seen them:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 BiWinning

You have no idea how clean my house is. We have a cleaner come 3 times in the week. My worry is that the hole (it's TINY) where I saw one crawl back into is right beside the window. It's actually part of the seal between the window and the wall. So it could be damp inside the wall. Also, there's a large bookcase beside the window and I read that they eat paper..... :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,339 ✭✭✭borderlinemeath

Silverfish will eat just about anything but they won't do you any harm, they don't carry or transmit any diseases.

Little tip, don't kill any spiders - they love them as a good meal.

Advertisement