Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Getting the logo and header right in Dreamweaver cs5

• 25-07-2011 11:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10

Hi all,

Im currently in the process of making an e-learning course as part of my summer project for college. Im using dreamweaver cs5 and captivate cs5 to create it.

The one thing i cant do on dreamweaver is get the header and the logo (which should be on the left as it usually is on any website) beside each other. In other words the logo does not take up the whole header horizontally. I also want the logo to be a link back to the homepage like any other logo you would see on a website.

Other than that I have it pretty much sorted. Does anyone know how I can sort this? Or perhaps have a link to some good tutorials? Any I do find all seem to cost money. :rolleyes:

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭hearny

I wouldn't worry about dreamweaver tutorials, I assume thats what the paid for tutorials are for.

The most useful thing for you would be html and css tutorials.

W3Schools HTML tutorial:
    http://www.w3schools.com/html/default.asp

W3Schools CSS tutorial:
    http://www.w3schools.com/css/default.asp

You will need to switch to the code view to edit the html / css and for placing the logo and the rest of the header you will need to look at tables or floating divs (tables is easier but floating divs are better practice to use).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Gone Drinking

You can use invisible tables to help you align stuff. Create a table with two columns and you can place stuff side by side easily. You can select 0 as the boarder width to make the table invisible.

Clicking the image after you've put it into the table, should bring up your image properties. From here you can make it a Hyperlink.

You can google dreamweaver tips and tricks for free tutorials, there should be loads of them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 technologic22

Thanks for the advice lads I'll give those a go. In our course we were given tutorials on how to use dw but only sheets and no actual classes so I have always found it hard to use it.

Thanks again

Advertisement