Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cat with FeLV - swollen abdomen

Options
  • 25-07-2011 11:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭

Hi, I have three cats that have FeLV, noticed over the past few days that one of them, Ribs, has quite a swollen tummy - it looks like he has a wormy belly but he is regularly wormed so know that's not the cause of it. I can't get to the vet til Wednesday (hospital appointment tomorrow), so just wondering if anyone else has had a similar experience with an FeLV cat with this particular symptom?

He is nearly 2 years old and was diagnosed late last year with the virus.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭carwash_2006

Have you palpated his stomach? Is it tender to touch or how does it feel? Do you have any idea how his bowel movements are? Is he eating?

Hopefully it's not the case, but there is a possiblilty that it could be a tumour as FeLV cats would be prone to developing these in their stomach.

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Ailishcrehan

thank you for the comment...only back on line now. He is now in the vets, things aren't looking good for him sadly. He isn't passing urine and he is not eating. They did x ray him, no tumours thankfully...they suspect it could be FIP either, but it is hard to diagnose.Am praying its not FIP as I have other cats (FeLV positive and negative)

Advertisement