Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Poor dog :-(

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭DBB

:eek::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

I am disgusted. I quote "want to get a bigger dog to breed" just shows how classy an owner she is.
    Getting very tired at the Irish view of animal care. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,524 ✭✭✭Zapperzy

Got through the pictures and 2 lines of the text thinking whats so wrong with this ad, then seen the last 2 sentences. :mad: Sums up nicely the reason why so many dogs are put down in this country. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Asphyxia

They are giving him away because they're getting a larger dog for breeding :mad::mad: Poor little guy :( He looks similar to my dog with shorter hair!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Knine

and the line "too good for the pound" makes me want to cry. God knows where his poor dog will end up:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭strandroad

This just sucks :( I wonder if there is any local rescue to report them to so that they can take the dog? The name sounds Russian, perhaps they don't want to deal with authorities?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭ronan45

Knine wrote: »
    and the line "too good for the pound" makes me want to cry. God knows where his poor dog will end up:mad:

:o

I texted these guys: http://www.ispca.ie/Members-Westmeath.aspx
    and emailed these guys: http://www.friendsofanimalsmullingar.com
    about the dog. Perhaps you'd like to drop them a line too.
    I also contacted a friend who was looking for a dog to adopt in case she liked him.

• Registered Users Posts: 806 ✭✭✭pokertalk

very upsetting they dont even know by the sounds of it that they are irresponsilbe .dont care to much for dogs by the sounds of it. future back yard breeders in the making . buyer beware

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭elekid

I don't know how anyone could bear to get rid of such a lovely dog :(

• Advertisement

elekid wrote: »
    I don't know how anyone could bear to get rid of such a lovely dog :(

Not only to get rid of, to have him killed?
    If I didn't have a dog already
    If I had a car
    Aaaargh!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,973 ✭✭✭Chris_Heilong

He looks just like a little fox, too cute. At least they are not charging for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭superfish

god help the next dog is all I can say

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

Jesus what is wrong with people. I'm near enough to Westmeath, will give a call in the morning and see if I can give the dog even a temporary home, find someone who'll treat him properly, but he should be gotten away from there anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,725 ✭✭✭charlemont

He looks like a lovely dog, The poor dog will be better off without an owner like that.

Acoshla wrote: »
    Jesus what is wrong with people. I'm near enough to Westmeath, will give a call in the morning and see if I can give the dog even a temporary home, find someone who'll treat him properly, but he should be gotten away from there anyway.

Acoshla if this happens please PM me and I'll send a few quid your way towards the upkeep of the dog. He looks like such a fine little fella.

Thanks mhge. I contacted her this morning, he's not neutered (which I expected) but as it might make him harder to rehome we've to have a think about how long we could possibly keep him for. I really want to help his cute little face! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭toadfly

Acoshla wrote: »
    Thanks mhge. I contacted her this morning, he's not neutered (which I expected) but as it might make him harder to rehome we've to have a think about how long we could possibly keep him for. I really want to help his cute little face! :(

What about contacting the local rescues and explaining his story and that you are willing to foster him. That way they will neuter & vaccinate him for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭gregers85

People are so ridiculas!! words cant describe how many things wrong with it!!!! :mad::mad: He does look like a really nice happy dog I really hope he does get a good home!!!!

Don't know any local rescues other than EGAR, might try some that are local to where the dog is as he's a bit away, won't be contacting anyone yet before I know more about what we might be able to do. I know of one or two rescues the other side of me here but I have never had good dealings with them. We'll see, will have to discuss it with himself later on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭falabo

has anyone adopted this little cutie ? has anyone phoned that scumbag ? is she a real knacker ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭crazygeryy

poor dog.but its rampant in ireland.did any of u watch the undercover boss show where it was the ce of the blue cross in england who went undercover?in it there was a quote" last year there were 8000 dogs put down in ireland alone"
    Its madness.
    hope someone takes him.i would but I have one already.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

And they want to breed dogs? Great...

Wouldn't be into Terriers much myself but he really appeals to me, lovely color and I hope he goes to a good home where he will be appreciated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

falabo wrote: »
    has anyone adopted this little cutie ? has anyone phoned that scumbag ? is she a real knacker ?

Less of that please. You've no idea what this person is like.
    If all people are going to do when someone links to an ad is be de-constructive then those types of links will be banned

I agree it's horrible that they're getting rid of one dog to get another to breed when they're probably not the sort of person to be breeding but I'm glad to see that there are genuine posters trying to help rehome the poor thing.

Just checking in to see if anyone has any updates on the poor beast. How did it work out for you Acoshla? The charities haven't come back to me at all and the ad is still up. I can't bear the thought of him dumped in the pound to die :( Perhaps I could do something myself as a last resort although my own dog's health is not great at the moment and it would be hard to even foster another dog.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭ItsAWindUp

I hope to God that someone gets there before he's put in the pound:(

Unfortunately we won't really be able to take him, after discussing it last night we're just not in a position to take a dog on that needs neutering etc at the moment, I had briefly forgotten about the issues we're having with our idiot postman deciding our dog is public enemy number 1, so I don't think it would do us any favours to have a young male dog here when he so vehemently hates our baby girl :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Tranceypoo

I suppose I already know the answer to this but do you think she would be willing to have the dog neutered before rehoming him? Is that a really stupid question?!

Tranceypoo wrote: »
    I suppose I already know the answer to this but do you think she would be willing to have the dog neutered before rehoming him? Is that a really stupid question?!

I doubt it, she has another dog she wants to get a bitch for to breed them, wonder why she got him at all in the first place, he's only young, it must have been a recent decision.

• Advertisement

Well I am going to contact the owner and volunteer to take the dog if no one else appears, to save him from the pound. I talked to my OH and we can foster him for a while, looking to rehome him in Dublin where the interest might be better. I do hope that it does not come to this however and that someone genuine will want to give him a permanent home straight away!

Advertisement