Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon MP3/Kindle

Options
  • 25-07-2011 9:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

Hi

As an android user i have the Kindle application on my phone, and am able to buy books in GBP through my account i set up through amazon uk. Im still using my irish credit card however.

Has anyone tried using Amazon mp3, it wont let me buy any music, even though the amazon mp3 app was pre installed on my HTC Desire HD.

I understand it may not be available to Irish Users but does anyone know why Amazon is letting me buy Kindle books in GBP on the UK site but not Amazon mp3s. I hate itunes and Amazon looks like a good alternative, and you can sync your music with the Double twist app which i think is better than Itunes (i do own an ipod) its a good app for syncing music to android devices too.

Im struggling to find any answers on the net!

Thanks!

Kev

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭nedd

Amazon have a licencing agreement for books with authors and publishing houses that covers the uk and Ireland, I bought some books using an Irish account and it works.

But they don't agreements with Record Companies on this side of the world to sell music.

So you will just have to wait until they have some sort of contracts signed with record companies over here before buying mp3's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 K.Cope

Thanks Nedd. Just got 7 digital of the android market. Will check that out

Advertisement