Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Zombie Genocide

Options
  • 25-07-2011 7:48pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I didn't know how to name this thread appropriately, but for the sociopath among us, it could be an interesting one. So you've got all the tools and necessities required to survive. You've even got the perfect defendible hideout and you haven't been harrassed by the dreaded zombie in quite some time, a year even.

The thing is, they still exit and you're slowly becoming a prisoner in your castle with resources dwindling. Deprived of many other pleasures you once enjoyed, you grab a weapon, leave the comfort of your humble abode and go on a zombie killing spree having just gone bonkers after playing solitare with a real deck of cards for the millionth time.

What weapon would you grab and how would you imagine the scenario playing out in your mind depending on how you'd do things?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭paulmclaughlin

Assuming it's a suicide rampage...

Grenade, jump into the middle of a huge crowd of them and pull the pin.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

Personally I could never carry enough petrol for a chain saw and wouldn't be satisfied to sit around with an electric substitute. I whip out a sword take a stroll outside and hack up anything within swinging distance.

If I were confined to a single location long enough, the zombies would wind up suffering somehow :P

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭Carter P Fly

Id suit myself up with my homemade biteproof body armour and a head cleaving battleaxe type weapon in both hands and start mashin' heads until I was too tired to fight anymore then I would cut my jugular with a stanley blade (saw that in the new season premier of Breaking bad).

Realistically by this time Id well be out of ammo if I had even managed to scrounge up a gun in ireland so i dont belive going out guns blazing would ever be an option.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

If it was a no hoper I'd go with my fubar, it's been waiting under my desk for it's time to shine and I'm going to get my moneys worth out of the thing.

Over all I don't think there's going to be much hacking and slashing when the zombies come, I don't see how it would be possible to do it without getting infected by flying bits of zombie.

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭robbie mars

plenty of ammo for the rifle bed room door metal plated metal grid on bedroom windows shooting the fukkers flat out lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭allanb49

hmm the sword would take a lot of skill to decapitate and if enough numbers you'd be swarmed,

i'd go with a sniper rifle some secure height and see how many i could get each hour for a few hours before inevitably becoming trapped in my spot

• Registered Users Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭komodosp

I'd make a game out of it and try and lure the zombies into as many humourous traps as I could think of... Inspired by that game "Lemmings"

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

komodosp wrote: »
    I'd make a game out of it and try and lure the zombies into as many humourous traps as I could think of... Inspired by that game "Lemmings"

Now that would be entertaining. Keep them for target practice :P

• Registered Users Posts: 783 ✭✭✭Kromdar

if i had that amount of time to prepare, i'd probably start tinkering with explosives. make a game out of it - see what setups result in the most kills. also good scientific research. just need a reliable source of ammonium nitrate first, but i'm sure there's ways of making IEDs with basic household stuff. not to be discussed here though :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭sheesh

assuming it was your hideout was the tower of london (I know but bear with me) I think i could spend a lot of time laughing at the following
    • place concrete barriers on the bridge
    • lure large groups of zombies onto tower bridge
    • raise the bridge
    • watch as concrete barriers slide down the now vertical road crushing zombies.
    • lol
    • repeat

I think I would start experimenting with using zombies as a fuel source. some sort of overly complicated sickeningly hilarious rendering process might be in order

• Advertisement

sheesh wrote: »
    I think I would start experimenting with using zombies as a fuel source. some sort of overly complicated sickeningly hilarious rendering process might be in order
    I'm sure you could find an industrial blender somewhere.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,695 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

As this is fantasy, I think one of those AC130 gun ships (aka. God's right hand) would qualify for Z genocide

Advertisement