Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any place to actually try a phone before using it?

Options
  • 25-07-2011 7:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I'm going to be getting my first smartphone in the next week or so. I'm pretty certain I'll go with 3 but I haven't made my mind up on the phone yet. The three contenders are

HTC Sensation
    Sony Xperia Arc
    Samsung Galaxy S2

I'm sure there has been much discussion on all of them on this board so I'm not going to ask anyone to write out an essay for me on which to get (although if there's anything really important I should about any of them that makes them stand out then I'd like to know it).

My main question is if there's anywhere I can actually give them all a try? Most of the shops let you give the Galaxy S2 a go in offline mode (a lot of use :rolleyes: ) but I haven't gotten near the Arc or Sensation anywhere. Any advice?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

i tried out the htc sensation in 3 in blanchardstown shopping centre, dublin. they have a number of live phones.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭Kenno90

most phone shops have live demos of phones.

When i got the desire the worker even gave me a shot of his desire because the live demo was out of juice. They'll do anything for that commission :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭C14N

Random wrote: »
    i tried out the htc sensation in 3 in blanchardstown shopping centre, dublin. they have a number of live phones.
    Kenno90 wrote: »
    most phone shops have live demos of phones.

When i got the desire the worker even gave me a shot of his desire because the live demo was out of juice. They'll do anything for that commission :D

Thanks for the help. I wish the commission thing was true all the time. Was in the 3 shop in Sligo on Saturday and got very curt and condescending answers to any questions I had.

Me: "Hi, I'm interested in signing up for bill pay on 3 but I'm not sure which phone I want. Can I try out any of these phones?"
    Her: "No"
    Me: "...ok..." *leave shop*

• Registered Users Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭C14N

Okay, I think I should be able to give them a quick go this weekend but I'd sort of like to go in with my mind half made up:p

I know that it's not as easy as "this is the best phone" but I don't have too many priorities. Mainly just:

Music player, I want this to be my primary way of listening to music on the go, so would like a good music player.

Tethering, if I could tether one of them to my laptop that would pretty much sell it to me completely.

And lastly I know that the Galaxy S2 has NFC, not sure if either of the other two do. Is this a big deal? Is it something important?

Advertisement