Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Carpool to Carraroe

Options
  • 25-07-2011 7:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭

Howye all.

i'm a not-too-mature student starting college in Carraroe in september and i'm looking for possible alternatives to the Bus Eireann bus service.
    is there anyone here who'd be up for a carpool or know of anyone who commutes from galway city centre on a weekday-daily basis that might be up for it?

i'd be willing to share petrol costs.

thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭ethernet

NUIG seems to be on-board with this car-pooling website. Might be worth a look: www.carpool.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭the raven

thanks ethernet!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

Most morning traffic goes in the opposite direction. I'd say your best bet will be other people in your course who also live in Galway. A lot of people from my area hitch from Salthill. It's usually done in the evening but I'd say you'll get some people going out that way in the morning.

Then again, it's hard for me to imagine why someone would work in Cararroe while living in Galway. The opposite is usually the case.

Are you doing one of the courses in the Acadaimh building? Most people who I've met from there were living in the village for the year. It's a good way to pick up our accent. The only problem is that the place is small and a bit desolate during the winter.

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭the raven

yeah i'm doing the BA Cumarsáid.

my work is based in the city centre so i'd need to stay on living here, even though it would be infinitely cheaper to live out there...

thanks anyway though!

Advertisement