Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

12v cutting out

Options
  • 25-07-2011 5:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26

Has anyone experienced 12v cut out randomly I have a 00 rapido with a schreiber charger there is a switch underneath to turn it on if you could recommend a good auto electrician this van is new to me so I'm not that familiar with it but it randomly loses all power on 12v no central locking etc thanks for any advice

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭niloc1951

hymer514 wrote: »
    Has anyone experienced 12v cut out randomly I have a 00 rapido with a schreiber charger there is a switch underneath to turn it on if you could recommend a good auto electrician this van is new to me so I'm not that familiar with it but it randomly loses all power on 12v no central locking etc thanks for any advice

On my Rapido (2005) the central locking is part of the engine (chassis) battery circuitry and is not associated with the habitation (leisure) battery side of things.

Is the central locking failing to operate on all the doors or just the habitation door.

Rapido have a system where all the habitation stuff will trip out except one or two lights if the habitation battery goes very low.

If you could post some more of the 'symptoms' I may be able to offer some advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭*Kol*

I drove a transit at the weekend where the battery went low,the central locking would not work, the radio lost power and needed the code to be re-entered but the van still started. So it could be a low battery protection from the van side as niloC said. You should check the battery voltage in the van when that happens to see what condition it is in before you start the engine and it starts to charge again. Does the central locking work again after you go for a drive (i.e. after the battery gets a charge)?

Advertisement