Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Driver Needs Your Help

Options
  • 25-07-2011 5:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11

Northern Irish rally driver Martin McCormack has been shortlisted by World Rally Championship journalists and entered in a poll for which young up and coming driver should be given the opportunity in the Volkswagen Motorsport team.

The VW team are trialing young drivers throughout the remainder of 2011 to select a team who will prepare throughout 2012 season before they enter the WRC in 2013 with a fully fledged team. Marty is already close to the top of the list but is struggling now as the larger countries are pulling their respective drivers through. Your help would be greatly appreciated

http://www.wrc.com/news/vote-for-your-next-vw-young-star/?fid=15019

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,565 ✭✭✭losthorizon

gave him my vote - hes in second at the moment

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 davemoy

Ahead of the poll now with 27% with Belgium's Thierry Neuville next up on 23%. need to keep getting the votes in please...

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭reiger

ye were shamed into it over on rallyforums.

LIGHTNING i think some of the lads asked why you locked this please explain,all people are trying to do is promote one of irelands top motorsport talent's,no harm or malice involved.

anyway vote for Marty http://www.wrc.com/fanzone/polls/

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭twincamman

com on marty boy !!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SouperComputer

Reiger I doubt there was any "shame" involved at all. I dont think there was any malice from closing it either. It reads like a popularity contest to me, how much discussion does that warrant?

"Wrc.com has consulted a number of the sport’s top journalists to come up with their top 10 suggestions. The shortlisted of drivers is shown below, together with a link to where you can cast your vote.

Tell us what you think and we’ll bring you the results on 2 August."

Sounds like the fella has a trial with VW already though so fair play. I dont think the poll on wrc.com will have much to do with VW's decision.

• Advertisement
Advertisement