Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hire Purchase Half Rule

Options
  • 25-07-2011 4:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

I realise this has been discussed a few times but I have a new twist on the story I could do with some advice on.

- Agreement started in May 08 totalling c.24k
    - Half rule stated on same as c.e12k
    - Trade in of e1,200 leaving total of e22.8k to pay
    - Installments paid so far c.e6,700
    - Total Paid so far towards value - e7,900

Now in theory this means that I only have another e4,100 to pay before I get to the half way point of the original agreement. However, I have renegotiated with the provider a number of times since the original agreement to restructure the payments due to financial difficulties. This has obviously meant an increase in the amount of interest allocated to the account - a total of about e3.5k. Each time I renegotiated I had to sign a one pager agreeing the new monthly payment figure but the only reference to Ts & Cs is that 'all other terms and conditions are as per the original agreement'.

Question: Does my half rule of c.e12k still stand or will the bank be looking to recoup the extra interest accrued as a result of the renotiated payment plans?

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 tube you

hi all,just a question regarding hire purchase,i got car in 2008 with b.o.scotland,fell behind on payments,some dude would call to my home requesting payment etc,most times i would ask for a week or so ,to get funds up,he would call back & i would pay,last i heard from him was january,no calls,no letters,there is still the guts of a year outstanding ,please help.anyone.many thks...

Advertisement