Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

5.1 Surround Sound from ripped DVD on PS3

Options
  • 25-07-2011 1:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 35

Hi,

I have been using Handbrake on a Mac to rip some of my DVDs for instant access on my PS3. I always encode in 5.1 sound even though I know the PS3 will only play back stereo from an MP4. However I have a few DVDs that I need to rip as they are region 1 and won't play on my region 2 PS3 and would like to keep the surround sound for playback on PS3 this time. Any ideas how this can be done for free on a Mac?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

Probably better suited to the Mac forum where you'll most likely get more specific answers.

Personally I use Mactheripper but I've never tried it in the same context you have.

Can the PS3 decode any other formats with surround ?

Ken

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Unregistered Migrant

Thanks, I'll repost elsewhere.

(Icidentally I also use Mac the Ripper but I use HandBrake to compress to MP4 for ease of storage on my PS3. The PS3 can definitely do 5.1 from an AVI, I just don't know how to do it myself.)

Advertisement