Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Echo Messenger

Options
  • 25-07-2011 11:21am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭

So, I've released, as beta, an app (for 2.1+) for android phones.

It is a 'replacement' SMS client app, fully functional (eventually), but with one difference; when sending SMS's the user may do so with their phone or alternatively use a cheap Web-based SMS gateway (e.g. Clickatell) instead.

It can be found here.

Naturally it's presently in beta, so some functionality is still in development (e.g. threaded conversation view), but also as I don't possess 300 different Android phone models (just a DEFY), there are varying levels of performance, or lack thereof.

If anyone would like to try it out, I'd appreciate any feedback on usability, bugs, crashes, suggested functionality, and the like. Please let me also know also what phone model you are using however if you do so.

What do you think of the app? 0 votes

Best thing since sliced bread
    0%
    Not bad, but needs work before I would really use it
    0%
    OK, but I wouldn't use it anyway
    0%
    Unusable / too buggy
    0%

Advertisement