Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Check out my blog

Options
  • 25-07-2011 6:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭

Hello everyone.

I have started writing a blog, in Japanese and some in English. http://ramblinginjapan.wordpress.com/

I am living in Japan and learning Japanese, and wanted to practice writing Japanese, and record my progress.

Feel free to comment on the blog or here, I'd love to hear what people think.

And if anyone else has anything similar, post a link!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

Great :) Would love to live there sometime :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭SandraManson

That's wonderful, could you please tell me how life in Japan is? People, culture, food? Thank you very much, and I hope to go there someday.

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭daelight

Great stuff Joe and great Blog. Fair play for writing in Japanese too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,589 ✭✭✭Tristram

Good luck with the blog and your studies. Sounds like a good idea. Might try something like it myself!

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭just-joe

Sandra Mason - I'll write on the blog when I can, to chat about those more general things. I also got another request which I'll get to too. As you may see from the length of time in between posts I am quite a lazy blog writer. :D

• Advertisement

Wrote a new blog post in English after someone asked me a question via PM. Hope it makes for a half decent read..

Recently started translating some short pieces and writing them on my blog, shamelessly bumping this thread to post a link..

http://ramblinginjapan.wordpress.com/2013/01/31/%E5%86%AC%E4%BC%91%E3%81%BF/

Any feedback/questions much appreciated!

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭hibby

I'm glad you posted this. I didn't know you were keeping a blog, and I'm looking forward to reading it. It's interesting for me to see someone else's experience of living in Japan and learning Japanese.

You are braver than me in writing in Japanese. I don't try, mainly because I lack confidence, but maybe it would be good for me to try.

あなたは日本語で書くことはいいだと思います。僕は、自信がないから、そのことを試しません。でも、試す方がいいかもしれない。

Ah I'm glad you're interested in it! Indeed it is an eye opener to see how much the experience varies from one person to another.

My main inspiration for trying to write Japanese is the students who I teach English to, they write amazing compositions, and also translate Japanese to English! So looking at that I feel as if I should try!

Yeah, I am not overly confident in my abilities for writing. But if you don't practice, you won't improve! I get it checked by a Japanese person which means it looks fine in the end, and you can learn something.

そうですね、僕もあまり自身を持っていませんけど、連取をしないと上手にならない!日本から直してもらえばきれいになる。そして勉強になります。

Advertisement