Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blue Rose Tat on a guy??

Options
  • 24-07-2011 8:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭

I'm looking into getting a Blue rose tattoo on my upper arm.

I've mentioned it to quite a few people and most think it sounds great however a few of the lads have raised eyebrows. They think it would look too feminine. I don't really give a **** to be honest but I was just wondering what you guys though?

Blue Rose tattoo on a guy feminine or not???

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

I've mentioned it to quite a few people and most think it sounds great however a few of the lads have raised eyebrows. They think it would look too feminine. I don't really give a **** to be honest but I was just wondering what you guys though?

Flowers on guys? GAY.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭Broxi_Bear_Eire

If your happy with it then why not doesn't matter what anyone else thinks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

I've got 2 flowers on my leg, still same old me. Gotta agree with broxi_bear_eire.

Will wrote: »
    I've got 2 flowers on my leg
    I rest my case:pac:

There's also tentacles and other such badness but bleh still flowers.

• Advertisement

Will wrote: »
    There's also tentacles and other such badness but bleh still flowers.
    Pssst Will think about it a bit ;)

durr, you've one on your knee :pac:

both now :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 961 ✭✭✭TEMPLAR KNIGHT

I love rose tattoos no matter who there on or what colour they are and im a guy, ill be definately getting one in the future. theres nothing gay about sitting in pain for a couple of hours getting a needle dragged through your flesh to have a beautiful piece of art on your body for the rest of your life. so forget everyone else and go for it! and goodluck with it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭Johnny Favourite

Cheers for the comments.

Think I'll go ahead with it. I'm pretty comfortable with myself and my sexuality but am painfully aware that Ireland is still full of narrow minded philistines..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Elbow

Flower Power man, its the way to go!

(And i also have a few lovely pink cherry blossoms on my arm :D)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 3,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭Black Sheep

You'll just have to try and rose above any small-minded comments.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 3,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭Black Sheep

That was a point I was going to make: The style makes a big difference. Flowers and roses are part of traditional tattoo designs for both sexes and generally aren't comment-worthy- I have a traditional style 'homeward bound' ship on my leg with a border of flowers at the bottom ... I didn't really think twice about it.

On the other hand a black and grey / colour realistic rose I think possibly is more feminine. Not to say that if it's what you want you shouldn't go for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 johndeniel

Normally, the blue rose tattoos represents as a symbol of impossibility. But if you feel comfortable with that tattoos then you should have it. It is just a tattoo.

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭niallam

I've half a cherry blossom tree on my leg :) one side of my leg has a cherry blossom branch from my ankle to my knee around some chinese symbol and the other side has more blossoms with a tiger, hard to explain :D

If it's what you want and it has meaning for you then go for it and don't mind what anyone says to you, its your body and not theirs :)

stuck a pic up in the show me yours thread of one side of it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭Alan b.

if you want it, get it, its as simple as that.

its you thats gonna get it permanantly on your skin, not them.

i've a lotus on the front of my ankle, red/purple/orange/yellow colouring, and a load of pink cherry blossom flowers around the outside of my kalf. i never once gave any thought to what anyone else would think of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭gaelicred

I have a purple rose on my forearm and i love it

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭cadogs

I find it crazy there's even a thread about this! :confused:

Flower tattoos, roses in particular are possibly the most classic and tasteful tattoo a male or female can get.

I have currently about 15 - 20 flower tattoos..mainly incorporated in sleeves and big pieces. Nearly everytime I'm getting a big piece wether it's Japanese/traditional/whatever I'm always thinking about incorporating some type of flowers.

Your buddies are obviously clowns.

cadogs wrote: »
    I find it crazy there's even a thread about this! :confused:

Flower tattoos, roses in particular are possibly the most classic and tasteful tattoo a male or female can get.

I have currently about 15 - 20 flower tattoos..mainly incorporated in sleeves and big pieces. Nearly everytime I'm getting a big piece wether it's Japanese/traditional/whatever I'm always thinking about incorporating some type of flowers.

Your buddies are obviously clowns.

I agree some small minded people think if a man gets a tattoo of a flower then you are nat a real man it's pathetic

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

One of my favourite tattoos by Mike DeVries

mikes_neck.jpg

Not manly?

• Advertisement

Melion wrote: »
    One of my favourite tattoos by Mike DeVries

mikes_neck.jpg

Not manly?

That is a great tat

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭Killer_banana

This thread is over a year old. I think he might have got it by now...

Advertisement