Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netopia Router - Wireless Connection Problem

Options
  • 24-07-2011 6:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭

Basically I got a new router from Eircom because it turned out mine was faulty. The new router connected fine to my laptop (running Vista), my iPhone, my sister's macbook and my parents' iPad. It won't connect to the desktop computer running Windows 7, however. This desktop was working fine with the older router but won't connect to the new router. I can't for the life of me find out what the problem is and googling came up with no help.

I tried using the installation disc that came with the router but that wouldn't pick up the connection either. The only thing that has changed is that the old router was right next to the pc but now it is ~10 foot away, but considering it is closer than all other devices on the network I don't think that is the issue.

Any help is greatly appreciated because I don't have a clue what's wrong!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭jive

Problem solved. Literally have to sit the router on the desktop to get it to work :pac: Oh well

Advertisement