Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Driver of the day: Round 10 - German Grand Prix

Options
  • 24-07-2011 4:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭

Got to be Lewis for me. He was on it all weekend and this was classic Hamilton. Aggressive when he needed to be and blindingly fast, especially on his quali lap. Good performance from Sutil and Kobayashi too.

Driver of the day 45 votes

Sebastian Vettel
    0%
    Mark Webber
    0%
    Lewis Hamilton
    4%
    LuckyCharmslovinit 2 votes
    Jenson Button
    84%
    quozlTheFatjhegartySlutmonkey57bAlunvectraMagown3dor83muckwarriorMitch Connortonedefjos28recyclebinjohnnysmackGhost Trainyogidc26MyrddinGrim.frostie500IM0 38 votes
    Fernando Alonso
    0%
    Felipe Massa
    4%
    strongmanChris Hansen 2 votes
    Michael Schumacher
    0%
    Nico Rosberg
    2%
    LIGHTNING 1 vote
    Nick Heidfeld
    0%
    Vitaly Petrov
    0%
    Rubens Barrichello
    0%
    Pastor Maldonado
    0%
    Adrian Sutil
    0%
    Paul di Resta
    4%
    EvilMonkeyCookie_Monster 2 votes
    Kamui Kobayashi
    0%
    Sergio Perez
    0%
    Sebastian Buemi
    0%
    Jamie Alguersuari
    0%
    Keikki Kovalainen
    0%
    Karun Chandhok
    0%
    Daniel Riciardo
    0%
    Tonio Liuzzi
    0%
    Timo Glock
    0%
    Jerome d'Ambrosio
    0%

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Jenson Button
    Hamilton without a doubt. He caught Alonso sleeping & anyone else that got in his way. A race victory that he fought for, lost, won back & defended. That's what makes a win, a special win. Fantastic drive, & was the Hamilton of old back again :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,565 ✭✭✭losthorizon

Jenson Button
    Hamilton for me also - he seemed to be very emotional after the race as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Jenson Button
    Yea I agree Hamilton was in top form all weekend and the win was the cherry on the top. Great to see him back to his old self and less of the bumper car driver he had become.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭cadaliac

Jenson Button
    Autosport wrote: »
    Yea I agree Hamilton was in top form all weekend and the win was the cherry on the top. Great to see him back to his old self and less of the bumper car driver he had become.
    +1
    It was getting redicilus actually. Anyway, as mentioned great to see such a good drive from him. Agressive from the start, I wouldn't say that he caught Alonso napping as much as Alonso couldn't get aroung the corner any quicker with those tyres. Hamilton knew that and took him on the outside. Great driving.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,491 ✭✭✭VW 1

Jenson Button
    As with the majority, it could only go to Hamilton. Fantastic driving for most of the race, constantly aggressive when he had to be, not wreckless like some of his drives had been more recently. Definitely looked like the Hamilton of 2 seasons ago. Vettel wasnt on it at all this weekend, Alonso unusually got caught napping and Webber didnt quite keep up with or match Lewis this weekend.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Jenson Button
    LIGHTNING wrote: »
    I think there will be some worried people in the Red Bull garage, they will have to come up with some new illegal upgrades in order to to keep ahead of Ferrari/McLaren.

Only ones that can't be properly tested though, come on, give them some slack :p

Jenson Button
    I think there will be some worried people in the Red Bull garage, they will have to come up with some new illegal upgrades in order to to keep ahead of Ferrari/McLaren.

Nothing wrong with reinterpreting the rules!!:p

Should make for an interesting finish though with the McLarens coming back strong, hopefully it keeps the championship interesting with Vettel securing it at the final race in controversial circumstances to keep the conspiracy theories ticking over!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 227 ✭✭lovinit

Lewis Hamilton
    I hate to admit it but Hamilton did the best. I am following Webber but he is crap starting from pole he seems to do better when he is further down the pack

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Jenson Button
    It seemed to me that Vettel had a Webber car ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭EvilMonkey

Paul di Resta
    Nah it didn't suffer any "Random" failures :pac:

Im sure if you look at the records Vettel would have the worse reliability over the years at Red Bull :)

• Advertisement

Jenson Button
    EvilMonkey wrote: »
    Im sure if you look at the records Vettel would have the worse reliability over the years at Red Bull :)

Is that including his time at Torro Rosso though? They werent the most reliable cars in the world but he did an incredible job with the little he had back then IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭EvilMonkey

Paul di Resta
    VW 1 wrote: »
    Is that including his time at Torro Rosso though? They werent the most reliable cars in the world but he did an incredible job with the little he had back then IMO

No just at Red Bull. He has had a few engine failures and break problems at Red Bull. I think i remember he finished a race with no brakes and Horner was on the radio telling him to slow down. Their was the engine problem that cost him first in Bahrain 2010, he had to slow and let Alonso take the win. This year Webber has has sad more kers problems alight.

Advertisement