Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

World War Z movie

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭komodosp

With Babylon 5's J Michael Straczynski writing the screenplay, it might be worth seeing!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,734 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

there are some pictures of the israeli-palastine border set, up on AICN

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 xtreme_xlayer

Brad Pitt in a horror movie? Must watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,341 ✭✭✭Fallschirmjager

brad...oh not so sure on that..if he screws this up i will never forgive him the second time and these are...1. angelina 2. doing similar to wwz

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 47,801 Mod ✭✭✭✭cyberwolf77

http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/news/25809

Yeah, they screwing it up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭Carter P Fly

modofook, this is going to be another iRobot where quite literally the only thing it has in common with the book is the name.

I hate when they do this because it means that there a real adaptation of the book is never going to happen.

I expected better form the author TBH but money beats pride each and every time.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

modofook, this is going to be another iRobot where quite literally the only thing it has in common with the book is the name.

I hate when they do this because it means that there a real adaptation of the book is never going to happen.
    I'm not that opposed to the idea, I mean I've already read the book and I'm never a great fan of repeating anything from a book to a film.

The book laid down the chain of events so the film can play around in anywhere in those chain of events. I'll reserve judgement for now.

I expected better form the author TBH but money beats pride each and every time.

have you seen it already? I thought they were still filming it!

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭Carter P Fly

did you read the link in cyberwolfs post?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,645 ✭✭✭krissovo

I think the different format from the book will work very well in a movie. I am looking forward to this movie :D

• Advertisement

did you read the link in cyberwolfs post?

I did yeah, and I still havent seen the film.
    By the way, when has hollywierd ever done a film completely canon to its book?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,341 ✭✭✭Fallschirmjager

Let's be honest. We are all going to go see this anyway.....Maybe on DVD after the fact but watch it we will :)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Brad Pitt in a horror movie? Must watch.

I'm sure you meant to say documentary!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Let's be honest. We are all going to go see this anyway.....Maybe on DVD screener disk that somehow makes it onto the internet after the fact but watch it we will :)
    Fyp.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,849 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

i read the book over the summer but found it a bit all over the place. I assume the film will zero in on a couple of main story lines?

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭gargleblaster

I enjoyed the book, and if it's well done I'm sure I'll enjoy the movie too, different as it may be from the book. It would have been hard to translate directly to the big screen as it is anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭BigDuffman

Heard on news this morning, that Brad was over in glasgow filming scenes from Philedelphia for the film. I reckon they just used local glaswegians unknowingly as zombie extras. Instead of "braaains" its "Bruuuu"

hey you where's me IRN-BRU?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 644 ✭✭✭wolf moon

I'm afraid it might/will be terrible piece of sh1te.

It's very common these days that someone takes something that others made good and and simply rapes it for a bit of cash.

Advertisement