Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cross Contamination

Options
  • 24-07-2011 2:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13,817 ✭✭✭✭

Question for ye. I had an experience lately where a fresh cut on my knee mixed with (a lot of) blood on the leg of my trousers. Last night, i got a tetanus, and had blood taken. The Doctor told me that it's on the low risk scale of things, but never gave me a straight answer as to what i can and can't do.

Is there a chance of contaminating herself through kissing, using the same glass, cutlery, do i have to sleep in a seperate bed, etc?

All the Doctor said was be careful...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 922 ✭✭✭IrishKnight

Think this would be more suited to the Health Sci board than here. But from what I understand it is not past from person to person rather the spores infect open wounds...

Having said that, we can't give medical advice etc etc etc

• Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

I'd speak to your doctor again and get medical confirmation on this. Give them a call.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,732 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

From the Charter
    First and foremost.......

THIS IS NOT A MEDICAL ADVICE BOARD.

No medical advice will be given here, so please don't ask for any.
    If you want medical advice go to your GP.

If you have a medical condition and/or are worried about any symptoms you have or therapy you receive, please go to your GP and do not post them here as they cannot be addressed on this forum.
    Thread closed

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement