Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone know of a nigh course relating to fraud/risk or financial regulation

Options
  • 24-07-2011 2:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Hi There,

Bit of backround on myself, Althoug I went to a very good secondary school I took my leaving cert for granted and bombed it. I then went straight to work in various areas.

I now at the age of 22 have a new job and work as a quality control admin in the banking/finance sector. It's a great job and i deal with alot of fruad and non compliance etc. and i would like to further my self in this area.

I was basically wondering if anyone could point me in the direction of a mature student or evening/night course (i'm 23 in august)in dublin that would help me get into working in fruad etc.

i did see a night course in national college of ireland in financial regulation but am unsure if this would benefit me in my area.

thanks in advance,
    Lewis

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Was it Institute of Bankers you saw the course with?

They have a cert in Fraud and diploma in Compliance
    Your employer will probably pay for you
    http://www.bankers.ie/

Compliance is an interesting area to get into.
    For example you may have to ban Iranian products from your company. Or develop a policy, do you have an issue with arms manufacturers or sports betting.
    The courses are a good option

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 tmprz

hi mike,

thanks for the link. looks interesting and i will deffo look into it further.

The course i was looking at was in financial regulation in ncoi on mayor street so not directly associated with fraud itself.

I will speak to my manager or someone in HR to see what i can do and what the company can do to help .

in terms of what measure we take although it's probobly easier to just do what you have mentioned and ban a certain country we can't do that.

however I have to conduct terrorist prevention checks on companies to ensure we do not let a company who is owned or linked to a certain person or other company that are flagged as unwanted business shall i put it.

Advertisement