Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

compound bow

Options
  • 23-07-2011 11:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭

hello all, ive a pse deerhunter compound bow here i bought years ago on a whim, looking at it today id like to do a bit with it now. any arrows i had are long gone. what type should i buy? should i also get one of them trigger release jobs? thanks for looking

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Maicros

Well the arrows depend on your skill level and your price range. If you are just begining then a cheap set of arrows that you can break or bend but still replace easily is what you want. I would recommend carbonj one arrows as I have shot them before (i use them for field competitons) however you must be sure to get the correct spine for your bow. You can find this at the easton website, arrow spine chart, you will need to know your drawlenght and the bow poundage.

As for the release aid thats up to you but if you want accuracy I would advise it as everyone else uses one just about. Unfortunatly as a recurve archer I cannot offer any advice as to which to buy.

Hope this helped
    Cheers
    Maicros

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭Panserborn

Hi there Ring20

As mentioned, you'll need to know the poundage and drawlength (distance from nocking point on the string to the [approx] front of the bow at full draw). Once you have these the selection of arrows is fairly straight forward and we can advice you a bit more. These details may be written on the bow somewhere, if not they are easily measured.

As for the release aid, yeah, I would definatly recommend it for compound. As well as the accuracy, it also saves the fingertips. You don't have to go mad here on price. A high end aid would be the Target3+ from Carter Enterprises, but significantly cheaper options are available.

Post up of PM any bow details and will help ya sort out.

All the best

P

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,971 Mod ✭✭✭✭greysides

Ring 20, you should consider joining a club for the advice, coaching and a safe place to shoot. Most compounds are relatively powerful, the holding weight is not a good guide to its actual power output due to the 'let off' so they are dangerous implements if not used carefully. At a club you'll get all you need to enjoy it's use to the full. Welcome to archery. :)

The aim of argument, or of discussion, should not be victory, but progress. Joseph Joubert

The ultimate purpose of debate is not to produce consensus. It's to promote critical thinking.

Adam Grant

Advertisement