Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's on the way?

Options
  • 23-07-2011 7:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭

Love my original HTC Desire but it's not quite the hot young thing it once was. Considering an upgrade.

Samsung Galaxy S II seems to be top contender of the current bunch... but I'm not in a huge hurry. Is there anything better coming in the next few months that's worth waiting for?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

Supposedly a galaxy s2 3d version.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

seanybiker wrote: »
    Supposedly a galaxy s2 3d version.

Sounds tacky!

It might have actually reached the point where I'm not sure what else I need. I can't see myself playing many games or watching many movies on the phone so most multimedia features would be a "nice to have" but not a deciding factor.

Lack of internal storage space on Desire is a pain but I think anything you get these days is an improvement on that. Other thing is battery life --- I'd hold out if I thought there was some breakthrough on the way.

And apart from that, a good screen and an all-round performance improvement would be great. Shall I just get an SGS2?

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭robz18

the nexus prime looks to be the next big one, have a look into it. You could be waiting a while for it though

• Registered Users Posts: 7,860 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

Ye, you probably will be waiting a while, but take the plunge and stick on a custom ROM like cyanogenmod7 and then (if you don't know already) you can use your SD card for app storage and have loadsa "internal" storage.

The Desire rocks though. Does everything you need and isnt too big.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

Was really tempted to get the evo3d when it comes out but not to sure now cos I'm really happy with miui freshly squeezed on the desire HD.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭Nolimits

robz18 wrote: »
    the nexus prime looks to be the next big one, have a look into it. You could be waiting a while for it though
    At the moment this will be my next phone, I am happy to wait till after Christmas if I have to

• Registered Users Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭Keith186

I have a Desire too. Gonna wait for the Nexus 3 I reckon.

Not overly impressed with the Sensation or SGSII to be honest.

Supposedly up in the air as to whether HTC or Samsung get to make it. I hope it's HTC so it won't be too fragile :P

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭billgates

The_B_Man wrote: »
    Ye, you probably will be waiting a while, but take the plunge and stick on a custom ROM like cyanogenmod7 and then (if you don't know already) you can use your SD card for app storage and have loadsa "internal" storage.

The Desire rocks though. Does everything you need and isnt too big.

Agreed, running nightly builds of cyanogen on my desire since version 7 came out and setup ext partition on SD card for apps, works a charm, don't see the need to upgrade, Desire still runs everything I can throw at it with ease. 14 months on and still very happy with it :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭spiderjazz

Put Leedroid HD Rom on my girlfriends desire earlier on in the week and it's running great, no more problems with space either which is great. Rooting and flashing rom's is quite easy as well.

She hasn't had any problems running anything on it either, I'd be slow enough to upgrade it unless you had a particular need!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Still with the Original HTC Desire and apart from the lack of space for apps issue I'm as happy with it over a year later as I was on day one. Iv read each manufacturer with make a Nexus 3 for Google and if true the HTC one might be my next upgrade.

OP the HTC EVO 3D is soon to hit Europe as well in case that floats you're boat.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,449 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

I've had my Desire for 18 months. Last week put Oxygen ROM on it. Like a brand new phone again! Tempted to get the evo3D though!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭BionicRasher

Original Desire owner here too - great bit of kit
    Due an upgrade for a while now but holding out for something special
    Looks like the one I will be waiting for will be Nexus 3 with Ice cream Sandwich. Hope its a HTC as the Sammys seem very fragile to me and the build quality is important if its going to last for 18 months

Advertisement