Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Curabinny/Ringaskiddy Quarry

Options
  • 23-07-2011 4:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭

Hi there,

Just wondering if anyone has any information about this quarry. Its been flooded recently as far as I know. From what I gather people used to dive in Portroe before it opened as a dive centre, and I'm wondering if people are using this quarry for the same reasons - its much closer to home and would be a handy spot on bad days.

Cheers!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 ranger11

Coolmore Quarry property of John A Woods.
    Fresh water Quarry
    No life observed underwater as of yet
    8 Metres Deep but can be 7 in summer due to evaporation
    Visibility limited to 1-3 metres.
    Currently not in use but reported to have a security guard patrol the main gate
    Access recently blocked by green spiked fence but pillar on left of gate provides easy climbing point.
    Often visited by teens on hot days and at night for the consumtion of alchol.
    Spiked fence put in place after a porter cabin that was used as a weigh in station was set alight and remains have since been removed to other part of the quarry.

Advertisement