Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Galaxy S - intermittent problem making and receiving calls

Options
  • 23-07-2011 3:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭

Hi I have a Galaxy S that's about 10 months old and has been working grand since I got it. I installed Android 2.2 on it about 6 months ago. Last week an intermittent problem started whereby the phone won't make or receive calls. Any number I tried to ring would end straight away even voice-mail and 1907, and I couldn't ring the phone either I kept getting an engaged tone.

I rang Vodafone support but they said everything is normal on their side, and putting my SIM card in another phone works fine so it looks like it's a problem with the Galaxy itself. Usually a reboot will get it to work again for a while but then it's starts happening again at random.

Anyone else experience similar problems, or have any suggestions how to fix?

(I tried installing Android 2.3 using Kies but Kies keeps losing the connection to the phone for some reason so won't install - thread about that here http://boards.ie/tre/2056335558)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,554 ✭✭✭Squeeonline

(I tried installing Android 2.3 using Kies but Kies keeps losing the connection to the phone for some reason so won't install - thread about that here

Kies? Biggest joke ever when it comes to software.

Skip it all entirely and install a custom ROM (i.e. Darkys 10.2 final released yesterday). It'll have a custom modem in it that may fix your problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,952 ✭✭✭G1032

Kies? Biggest joke ever when it comes to software.

Skip it all entirely and install a custom ROM (i.e. Darkys 10.2 final released yesterday). It'll have a custom modem in it that may fix your problems.

It might. It probably will but if it doesn't and you have to send phone back be sure to flash back to stock firmware before you do.
    You'll get stock at samfirmware.com

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭Some_randomer

Ok I'm pretty new to all this so bear with me :P

Just reading this thread here and it says that Darkys 10.2 is for Gingerbread not Froyo (which I have). What version of Darkys should I get for Froyo?

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=814091

Advertisement