Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lidl Bike Computer - Problems

Options
  • 23-07-2011 1:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys,
    Bought one a few weeks ago - very strange behaviour...
    Its fitted as per instructions, but it thinks that im doing 5km per hour when the bike is standing.
    When i lay it against the wall it does think its stationary alright...
    Any idea's?
    Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 bikelover

i had the same problem with mine, didnt get a solution so just got a new cateye.

• Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭Holyboy

Dr Nic wrote: »
    Hi Guys,
    Its fitted as per instructions, but it thinks that im doing 5km per hour when the bike is standing.
    Any idea's?
    Thanks!

Its all in your head! The bike IS actually moving,your computer is taking into account the world spinning, I know the world spins much faster than 5kmph but thats the genius of it all! Sorry,no help what so ever,you could try resetting it,take the battery out!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,751 ✭✭✭Saila

1 hold it in your hand over the bin
    2 open your hand
    3 buy a better one

• Registered Users Posts: 4,758 ✭✭✭cython

Dr Nic wrote: »
    Hi Guys,
    Any idea's?
    Thanks!

Have you a separate HRM or anything? I had this issue when using both a cheap HRM and bike computer, basically "cross talk" between the 2 of them, and my heartbeat was picked up as being a revolution of the wheel, and vice versa.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,864 ✭✭✭langdang

cython wrote: »
    Have you a separate HRM or anything? I had this issue when using both a cheap HRM and bike computer, basically "cross talk" between the 2 of them, and my heartbeat was picked up as being a revolution of the wheel, and vice versa.
    Yup, have seen this with the Aldi/Lidl HRM/speedos. Prepare to be lynched Cython, I have been scoffed at for previous claims of bad experiences with these...

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 35 scholesy

The lidl cycling computers are useless.exact same thing happened me when i set it up .It was giving a much slower speed and distance reading.went back to the Cat eye.Your only man

Advertisement