Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pet insurance

Options
  • 23-07-2011 11:37am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 24

Hi, we are looking into getting pet insurance for our dog. He's a golden retriever and he's around 5 years old. I was looking for quotes and I picked pedigree but we don't have any papers or anything for him because we got him at an animal shelter. It then asks for the purchase price and his date of birth (these are after I get the quote). We got him for €100 and we don't know his DOB either, all we know is he is around 5 years old now. Do we still choose pedigree and just estimate?
    What is the best pet insurance and the cheapest? The main thing is vet fees in case he gets ill (long term) or needs an operation. He is overweight at the moment (working on it) so I think there may be problems in the future.
    Thanks for any advice.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

Best thing to do is ring around and see who's offering you the best deal for the best cover. There aren't many that do pet insurance so it won't take long, but you can ask about the cover / pedigree choice etc.

Advertisement