Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stream mp3s from PC to phone over internet?

Options
  • 23-07-2011 11:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,329 ✭✭✭

What's the best way to do this?

I was reading into uPNP. I got a uPNP plugin for foobar2000, and got it working for streaming stuff to my phone over the local WiFi network.

I tried to use PlugPlayer on Android to do this over the internet, couldn't get it to work though.

Does Winamp for Android do this? It says you can wirelessly sync with your PC, but that sounds like it downloads all your music to the phone, I just want to use my phone to browse a list of music on my PC at home, and stream whichever one I pick to the phone.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

I just use http://music.google.com
    Although the uploading is a pain in the arse :/

• Registered Users Posts: 19,503 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Subsonic seems to do a pretty good job, and has a streaming app for Android/iPhone or just plain old web browser.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Wetbench4

Subsonic seems to do a pretty good job, and has a streaming app for Android/iPhone or just plain old web browser.

Nice program. I know the android app is free but it says the windows program is a trial? Is it a time based trial or is it missing some features?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,218 ✭✭✭ongarite

Audiogalaxy is the best software for this. The pc host software is tiny and the Android client is great.
    Configuration free setup with perfect results.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

Try "Amdroid", a client for Ampache on Android. Works flawlessly.

• Advertisement
Advertisement