Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HD...fcuk them out!

Options
  • 22-07-2011 10:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,097 ✭✭✭

they should at least remove their points in the competition that they are leading......

in other words Cavendish would have no points in the green jersey but allowed continue...thnk gilbert would have it in that case!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭jiffybag

What? Relax!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,604 ✭✭✭petethedrummer

I wholeheartedly support this.

What is this?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,895 ✭✭✭furiousox

Something about hd I think.
    1080i vs 1080p?
    Discuss....

CPL 593H

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

I vote 3d, hd is old skool.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

I assume he means the riders outside of the time limit (hors delai) and that they should have their points taken for doing it twice. I wouldn't agree with this.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,410 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

He's a bit confused I think

Another Liverpool fan looking to stop the Manx winning ....;)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

Beasty wrote: »
    Another Liverpool fan looking to stop the Manx winning ....;)

Another one, this place is riddled with them.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,131 ✭✭✭Quigs Snr

morana wrote: »
    they should at least remove their points in the competition that they are leading......

in other words Cavendish would have no points in the green jersey but allowed continue...thnk gilbert would have it in that case!!!

Gilbert was outside the cut yesterday though, so he would be out too under those rules.

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭jiffybag

Manx men are just scoucers who can swim!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭Vélo

Can I join in?

Yeah get them all out

Roche for the green jersey....or is he out too?????:D;):p:):rolleyes::o:mad::(:eek::cool::P:confused::pac:

I love wine

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,268 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

Anyone outside the time limit should be made ride the next stage wearing only a bra and panties. That will learn them.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,895 ✭✭✭furiousox

Yes!
    (Is Victoria Pendleton in the Tour this year?)

CPL 593H

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭bcmf

Gotta agree with morana. Its a system that needs changing. I know putting in massive mountain stages does no favours to the sprinters.
    Either extend the time limit to make it realistic ,now that IMO there seems to be a relatively dope free peleton ie there does not seem to be anyone soloing up the side of mountains barely breaking a sweat, and if you are outside the limit you are out.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,013 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

"You didn't do it fast enough, so go do it again".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭54kroc

Jeysus Cav is half the reason I watch the tour, he's great entertainment.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,097 ✭✭✭morana

cork45 wrote: »
    Jeysus Cav is half the reason I watch the tour, he's great entertainment.

he is a plonker !!

I think the penalty should be more than a measly 20points docked. exclude them from that classement would be suitable punishment...

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭Undercover Elephant

morana wrote: »
    he is a plonker !!
    Yes, great entertainment. Half the riders who make the Tour interesting are barking mad. The sport should be encouraging more of them, especially the ones like Cav who regularly go off-message.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,301 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

get over it, its always been like this (i n fact i didnt think they had the points penalty ) anyway its an arbitary time limit set by the stewards of the race.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,301 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

It did look a little suspicious yesterday, a massive group all rolling across the line together. I'm not surprised that the likes of Cancellara are playing the system and keeping the gruppetto sufficiently large so that even if they fall outside the time limit, they can't be sent home.

Still, I can't see what throwing out half the tour would achieve, time limits be damned!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,097 ✭✭✭morana

DirkVoodoo wrote: »
    It did look a little suspicious yesterday, a massive group all rolling across the line together. I'm not surprised that the likes of Cancellara are playing the system and keeping the gruppetto sufficiently large so that even if they fall outside the time limit, they can't be sent home.

Still, I can't see what throwing out half the tour would achieve, time limits be damned!

btw if an Irish guy is outside the limit then out he goes as well! However I think if a lad has a crash then you can allow him some leeway.

They are doing it purposely as you say...many guys have been excluded before. If I remember correctly in the Ras that Kimmage won a lad was excluded in the TT after been warned to ride hard and take off the walkman!

Advertisement