Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Download prgrammes

Options
  • 22-07-2011 10:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Can anyone tell me the name of downloading software other than bit torent.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭onemorechance

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 1,334 Mod ✭✭✭✭croo

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,097 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

What's wrong with good ol' wget?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 1,334 Mod ✭✭✭✭croo

Spear wrote: »
    What's wrong with good ol' wget?
    can wget download a torrent file? I've only used it for web site content myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭minion35

croo wrote: »
    can wget download a torrent file? I've only used it for web site content myself.

wget can only be used to download the .torrent file from a site, it can't download the actual files. You can use wget in conjunction with the bittorrent protocol to download files, a walk-through can be seen here: http://www.cyberciti.biz/tips/linux-command-line-bittorrent-client.html

For a torrent client on I would recommend the following: Transmission (MAC, Linux, Unix and embedded systems) which can run either from either CLI or GUI, or kTorrent. Their is also a torrent client for Firefox called FoxTorrent which can be installed from the firefox addons.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,299 ✭✭✭Hoop66

μtorrent is a very good, lightweight client.

http://www.utorrent.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 13,999 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

Kget & Ktorrent ..... if using the KDE DE

Advertisement