Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

what car to get with 2grand

Options
  • 22-07-2011 10:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭

hi guys ive 2000 euro to spend on a car whats the best I can get for that money im looking for a 1.0l to 1.4 max I need it to be reliable and dont want anything older than 02 here is a list of some of the cars ive been looking at

chevrolet kalos 2006, nissan micra 2003, opel corsa 2003, ford focus 02,

ive also been considering a yaris but since im a guy id be a bit embarrassed

any suggestions or links to adverts would be greatly appreciated also are they good cars I know nissan is but im unsure on the rest

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

SKoda Fabia or even an older Octavia 1.4? Failing that a cheaper Polo or even a Golf - if you could find a MkIII with little enough mileage for that price, you'd be doing well though.

Edit: Bargain of the week - http://www.adverts.ie/car/golf/golf/volkswagen-golf-for-sale/716379

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭superfish

cheers sdeire I just sold my octavia because the tax was crazy so dont fancy another a friend told me that the golf 1.4 is not a great car because it suffers from oil leeks and its not as reliable as people think is this true ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭squod

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/2340514

Hyundai? Low miles, NCT, built-in anti theft devce (it's a 1.4 Hyundai)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭scoobymunster

Slightly off topic OP, but is a Yaris really such a girly car? I think there great little things, I'd always have a Yaris over a Micra anyday.:confused:
    +1 on the golf though.

what about this http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/2345372 is it a good car ? I reccon id get it for 2200

• Advertisement

Slightly off topic OP, but is a Yaris really such a girly car? I think there great little things, I'd always have a Yaris over a Micra anyday.:confused:
    +1 on the golf though.

I love the yaris my cousin has one im a big guy but there was plenty of room and I hear they are very reliable plus cheap tax I just always assumed they were a girls car ??

• Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭jaffa20

superfish wrote: »
    dont want anything older than 02

Why only 02+?

Tbh, i'd prever a nice 99 civic/focus/mazda over a 06 Chevrolet

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

cheers sdeire I just sold my octavia because the tax was crazy so dont fancy another a friend told me that the golf 1.4 is not a great car because it suffers from oil leeks and its not as reliable as people think is this true ?

Well, it's a lot better than any crapcheverolet. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭Suzie Sue

what about this http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/2345372 is it a good car ? I reccon id get it for 2200

To be honest mate, they are a complete and utter bag of shyte

You need one of these. At least 55mpg, fun, reliable, easy to fix and maintain.
    New tyres, parts etc. all nice a cheap. Even the motoring press love 'em.
    Now and again Fiat make great small cars, and this is one.

no-image-large.gif&width=400&height=300

http://www.carzone.ie/search/Fiat/Panda/ACTIVE-5/201112201726843/advert?channel=CARS

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,513 ✭✭✭✭vectra

jaffa20 wrote: »
    Why only 02+?

Tbh, i'd prever a nice 99 civic/focus/mazda over a 06 Chevrolet
    02+ just because my last car was a 01 so I want to feel as if im going up a year or 2
    Suzie Sue wrote: »

http://www.carzone.ie/search/Fiat/Panda/ACTIVE-5/201112201726843/advert?channel=CARS
    yea I actually love the look of them just heard fiat were bad cars but id be interested in one now cheers

yea I actually love the look of them just heard fiat were bad cars but id be interested in one now cheers

Fiat have made some terrible cars over the years, no question, but every now and then they make a great little small car, and this is one.

Model is much more important these days than manufacturer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 354 ✭✭MapForJ

Suzie Sue wrote: »

does fix it again tomorow apply and it it really better than the chevrolet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭Sobanek

VAG 1.4 engines are TERRIBLE.
    Misfire, expensive to maintain and knocking cylinders. On top of that, they DRINK oil.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭fonecrusher1

vectra wrote: »

This^^^

A much better solution. Great cars. Bulletproof reliability, economical, comfortable, not bad looking, decent performance. Hands down the winner so far in my opinion. Its what i'd buy anyway.

MapForJ wrote: »
    does fix it again tomorow apply and it it really better than the chevrolet.

The Panda consistently ranks very high in reliabilty tables.

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/carreviews/driver_power/265579/best_for_reliability.html

As I said, it's about model rather than make these days.
    Don't rely on pubtalk.

The Civic is an infinitely better car than the Panda, if you don't fancy a Yaris I can't see you being happy in the Panda.

RoverJames wrote: »
    The Civic is an infinitely better car than the Panda, if you don't fancy a Yaris I can't see you being happy in the Panda.

I love the yaris just thought it was a girls car Im just waiting for a good bargain to come up on done deal its between the civic and yaris now id want a 01 yaris or 01 civic that may be slightly optimistic but ive seen the odd one selling for 2 grand

• Registered Users Posts: 51,160 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

I cannot a Yaris being any more or less a girls car than a Micra if that kind of thing bothers you to be honest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,095 ✭✭✭johndaman66

are they good cars I know nissan is but im unsure on the rest

I think you may be best to do a bit of research on that one. You do know that some (if not all) the models in that line up of Micras have Renault engines? My friends mother has a 2003 Micra and its being nothing short of a dog of a car for her. I'd go as far as suggesting that the Micra is perhaps the worst car out of the line up you mention.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 97 ✭✭SIR PEADO BAILOUT

hi guys ive 2000 euro to spend on a car whats the best I can get for that money im looking for a 1.0l to 1.4 max I need it to be reliable and dont want anything older than 02 here is a list of some of the cars ive been looking at

chevrolet kalos 2006, nissan micra 2003, opel corsa 2003, ford focus 02,

ive also been considering a yaris but since im a guy id be a bit embarrassed

any suggestions or links to adverts would be greatly appreciated also are they good cars I know nissan is but im unsure on the rest

yaris :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:p

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 97 ✭✭SIR PEADO BAILOUT

This^^^

A much better solution. Great cars. Bulletproof reliability, economical, comfortable, not bad looking, decent performance. Hands down the winner so far in my opinion. Its what i'd buy anyway.

Just cuz youse have given up don`t be dragging yer man wit ya :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Having driven 2002 or later Yaris and Micra's the Micra is so clearly the winner. The Micra looks like ass but is a joy to drive while the Yaris looks like crap and drives even worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭C4Kid

The price of the Golf being such a bargain would raise a little suspicion, there could be something wrong eg, burning ALOT of oil. If I had that car and it lived up to what the advert sais and theres no underlying issues I wouldn't be selling it for that.

I think it's on donedeal as well I'm superised it's not sold though all the same for that money.

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Langerland

what about a 00 / 01 Passat Diesel - reliable, economical, plenty around at decent prices.

Langerland wrote: »
    what about a 00 / 01 Passat Diesel - reliable, economical, plenty around at decent prices.

I had a 01 octavia tdi I got rid because the tax was so high 164 every 3 month so im just looking for cheap an cheerful now :D

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

sdeire wrote: »
    Well, it's a lot better than any crapcheverolet. ;)

No, it's not.

sorted got a 01 tsport yaris 1.5 today mint cond cheers for all the help guys

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,999 ✭✭✭Spipov

How much did u get it for?

Advertisement