Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Indoor/Private Shooting Range questions

Options
  • 22-07-2011 8:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭

Hi all im just putting this up out of curiosity because I always wanted to know is there any company in Ireland that builds indoor shooting ranges for private use or is it illegal to have an indoor one in Ireland? Thanks in advance for any answers and info!!! :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

I don't know of any company that builds indoor ranges - they're definitely not illegal, DURC, RRPC, WTSC, UCDRC and others all have indoor ranges, it's just that there's not enough of a market for any company to survive on just the business they'd get building new ranges.

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭niteowl84

ya but there commercial ranges but is it possible to get one for private use?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

They're not commercial ranges niteowl; they're club ranges, built and owned by the members. So they're private, not commercial.

If you mean, can you get a private-and-owned-only-by-yourself range, yes; but you have to go through the same hoops to get one as anyone else...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭Kimber

Hi,

To answer your question.
    I have my own indoor private range and ok'd by the boys in a 72 foot by 22 foot building. Strictly private use is the only condition and I have it for years.

3 Lane.
    Left lane reactive rubber targets for rimfire.
    Middle lane Automated Indelfa Target System.
    3rd lane Rubber reactive centre fire targets.

Portable Turning Target System that has Time & Precision + Multi Target + the 1500 Complete Competition built into memory banks.

White Noise sound suppression and air intake and out take.

All automated by Indelfa Shooting Systems to 5, 10 + 15 meters.
    Can me modified to go longer 20 + 25 meters and 50 meters with a board upgrade or configure your own.

Anti Fatigue Matting throughout.

Great place just to chill and pretend and tell the wife that your practicing.

Super fast system. Although I am hanging up the shooting scene soon and will be decommissioning my private range.

Sad yes but family and work are now consuming my life. I say that with pride but I must call it a day.

There are a few private ranges by private people that will never admit and I dont blame them. Seeing I will be wrapping up the scene soon. I said this person has a vision. I did do and made it real.

Advertisement