Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bank account about to be closed

Options
  • 22-07-2011 8:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 36

Hi, I have a bank account with BOI and i overdrew 60 quid, never got around to paying it, what i was wondering is that if the account closes can i open another account with them after or will they not allow it?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭WIZE

why dont you pay the €60 and keep the account open

if te account closes and you want to open another account and put money in it they will most likely take there €60 from it anyway . but they will probably not allow you open a new account with them as they will not trust you

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭dublin daz

As soon as your name and date of birth go into the system it will pick your record up.

They will be able to see the debt and may not open any more accounts until that's paid off.

Make sure they don't send that to ICB because it may affect your credit rating.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭keysersoze0330

Are you for real?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

I doubt they'll open and account for you afterwards. I know I wouldn't.

Chances are it will go on your ICB.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭diarmuid79

your living in dream land:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭dublin daz

If it does go to ICB you will find it difficult to open an account in any Bank.

Just pay the €60 and use that account.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

ICB can affect loans and mortgages and potentially all lines of credit. Dont ruin your credit history for 60 quid. Pay it as other have said

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭Solair

You can't close an account with anything other than a zero balance. The they'll probably try to collect it via debt collection agency.

How long have you owed it? I most banks will not freak our over small unauthorised OD unless it's been there for a considerable time or, if there is no cash flow ever through the account.

You should pay it and close the account of you're not using it and its just racking up fees.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,240 ✭✭✭Oral Surgeon

Op, don't trust any of the other posters here- they probably work for the bank.
    With that sort of cash, you should be able to get yourself a good quality fake passport, get yourself to Rio Brazil, I don't think Ireland has any extradition agreement with them, you be safe there. Your swag should be able to set you up in a villa with good security, you'll need it.

Farewell, ps, best not to post this crap on boards again as your Brazilian ip will be visible...

OS;);)

Advertisement