Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blatant bike theft

Options
  • 22-07-2011 8:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭

So I'm just cycling home from work not going my usual way as I had to make a stop off, so down Bride road I turn and see four youths ahead and think to my self,I hope they don't start any trouble but they seem preoccupied with something and as I pass one has a bike in his hands, didn't think anything more until out of the corner of my eye I see a rucksack and a very large pair of bolt cutters being put into it,broad bloody daylight and around rush hour!!!
    Any way round the corner I go and straight onto Kevin street station on the phone, they were very nice and said they would send a car straight down,I gave clothing descriptions of all of them and I hope they catch the little SH**S.
    I could have confronted them I suppose but four against one and they have a heavy metal object so I decided against it!:(

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭col.in.Cr

I seen it happening in Leixlip train station last week,red hiace with two knackers on board

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

You did the right thing. A lot of the problem with bike theft/ crime in general is that nobody does anything at all.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭Holyboy

They have some balls, I'll give em that, I feel guilty if I drop a cigarette but on the ground in the absence of a bin!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭FISMA

We were riding once and some kid grabs our wheel and starts yapping. Not wanting to be rude, we listened.

Anyhow, after a while, he tells us how he stole the bike from the LBS?!? Sorry, am I supposed to be impressed?

We had seen him around a lot, so there was no panic in immediately calling the cops.

Off to the LBS the next day and the shop owner confirms details, but strangely, isn't really interested in pursuing. The serial numbers were gone, so it will be a tough one.

There was an issue involving race as well. The kid appear to take pride in knocking over the local ... insert racial epitaph here ...

Anyhow, we are out weeks later and see the stolen bike locked up. Ironically, the kid doesn't want to meet the fate he doles out.

So we stop. Promptly take one of our Kryptonite Locks and double lock the bike!biggrin.gif

I wish I could have seen his face! The bike was there for weeks. We finally stopped checking and all chipped in to buy a new lock.

The right thing to do? Who knows? But if felt sooooooo good.

Advertisement