Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting a deal if i switch providers??...

Options
  • 22-07-2011 7:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭

Hi,

Im currently with O2 and i want to get a new smartphone, maybe a mid range one like the Xperia X8 and was wondering will Vodaphone give me a free phone or a good deal on one if i switch to them?

Or do i tell O2 that Vodaphone are willing to give me a free phone if i switch to them to see what they say?

Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,147 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

That's like jumping from the frying pan into the fire. Cast the net a little wider when looking for a deal.
    If your pay as you go nobody will give you a free phone if your thinking of moving to bill you can get a lot nicer phone than the x8 for free.

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭oneillMan999

Yea meant to say, its pay as you go.

Im asking cause a friend of a friend tried a while ago and they offered him a new phone for free if he switched.

Well i went into Vodaphone and explained my situation and they immediately offered me an Xperia X8 for free if i switch to them on PAYG as long as i top up by €20 there and then!

Thank for all your help!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Well i went into Vodaphone and explained my situation and they immediately offered me an Xperia X8 for free if i switch to them on PAYG as long as i top up by €20 there and then!

Thank for all your help!

Sorry but I'm calling bull**** on this.

http://www.vodafone.ie/df/shop/ProductDetails.shtml?handsetselected=522045&offerSelected=prepayporting&action=view

The phone you mentioned goes for €89 on PAYG and no company is gonna give you hardware for free with zero contract conditions.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

Venom wrote: »

http://www.vodafone.ie/df/shop/ProductDetails.shtml?handsetselected=522045&offerSelected=prepayporting&action=view

The phone you mentioned goes for €89 on PAYG and no company is gonna give you hardware for free with zero contract conditions.

...but if it's not; in what shop? :D

• Advertisement

Venom wrote: »

ASK and u shall receive my friend ;)

I wont name the shop for obvious reasons.

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Kev.

So I could go into this shop and get the X8 for 20 euro and come home and sell it for 80 on adverts...Hmmm... dont think so mate

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

ASK and u shall receive my friend ;)

I wont name the shop for obvious reasons.

...it doesn't exist? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

...it doesn't exist? :p

5 fingered discount :)

Kev. wrote: »
    So I could go into this shop and get the X8 for 20 euro and come home and sell it for 80 on adverts...Hmmm... dont think so mate

Listen im just tellin u the deal i got dude, why would i lie??

Im sure u can do whatever u want with the new phone but they obviously want u on their network which is much more profitable to them in the long run, you see?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭Heart Break Kid

o2 and vodafone have done this deal i believe recently...

o2 were giving a blackberry 8520 and vodafone a x8..

Both are **** phones but whatever..enjoy

Advertisement