Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cube Streamer or Agree GTC Pro?

Options
  • 22-07-2011 2:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 25

As per title really. I see the Cube bikes get recommended on here a lot.
    Anyone have any experience of either?

Is there any advantage in paying an extra €350 for the carbon frame other than the damping effect?

Would it be worthwhile upgrading the chainset to Ultegra too?

Finally has anyone had any dealings with "The Edge" shop in Cork?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭CptMackey

Friend of mine has a cube with carbon forks. Seems to do the job fine. Can't comment on a full carbon frame. As for the gears 105 is fine in my opinion. Don't see the benifits really of paying more( suppose it depends on what type of cycling you will do)

Had a few dealings with the edge. Never bought a bike there but have bought various other bits n pieces. Never had a problem with the personally

• Registered Users Posts: 2,508 ✭✭✭Lemag

Is there any advantage in paying an extra €350 for the carbon frame other than the damping effect?
    No. You will be down €350. If you are asking what advantages a carbon frame has over an alu frame - stiffness, lightness and looks (subjective).
    Would it be worthwhile upgrading the chainset to Ultegra too?
    The crankset can be one of the more important components to get right. You want it to be relatively light so that there's little resistance when pedalling and stiff so that power transfer is high. I don't know how the 105 compares with the Ultegra regarding this. The difference could be negligible.
    Finally has anyone had any dealings with "The Edge" shop in Cork?
    Last time I was in there with a friend the staff member assisting us was very friendly. Despite showing us and advising us on their bikes I doubt that he was actually a cyclist as some of the things he came out with would suggest that he wasn't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭moggs1972

hi, i have an agree GTC pro since january and i love it to bits. i also own a canyon with full ultegra and i was planning on changing the GTC chainset to ultegra but to be honest there is no point. the GTC chainset (not a 105 but a lower model again) is perfectly fine, stiff enough for me and the brakes which again are a lower shimano model are perfect too. the bike rides like a dream, its comfy, very stiff with little or no flex around da bottom bracket and its a real looker too. my opinion, if you can stretch the cash get the GTC pro you wont regret it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭sdcclad

I would recommend the Cube Agree... its an aluminium frame with carbon fork... Shimano ulegra groupset... It is a really nice frame. Light and responsive. Cyclebike in dublin sell them and they are sound lads. Also, the edge in cork are excellebt... Think half of them race themselves so they know what they are talking about! Best of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 7 intheshed

+1 for the agree. after a heavy fall on my last bike a Giant went for alu over carbon as i didn't want to replace a carbon frame if it happens again.

• Advertisement
Advertisement