Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do birds have feelings?

Options
  • 22-07-2011 1:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭

So I'm probably gonna sound a little bit nutty for asking but do you think birds have feelings? I managed to rescue a baby thrush from my cats jaws this morning, he was hurt and missing quite a few feathers:( His mam was on the wall looking for him and calling out but after two hours she couldn't get him to respond and I wrapped him up and took him to the vet. The vet said they'll do their best and if he lives he'll go to a bird sanctuary:o

That was at 9.30 this morning..his mam is still on the wall waiting and watching-it's breaking my heart. Does anybody know if shes likely to give up on him soon or do they have very strong connections to their young?
    It's so sad!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭carwash_2006

They certainly have strong instincts and those instincts are to protect their young. How are we supposed to know if they have feelings of love as we know it? Maybe they do or maybe they don't.

Whatever way she will give up in time and other instincts of self protection and survival will kick in.

Advertisement